A question..

S

Sharma

During these past few weeks i have seen more and more people going on about radar abuse, just now i heard someone saying some alb ran towards him whilst he was stealthed and killed him.

a simple question is all i ask: Since it is only the battlegrounds, you think you will get away with it?

if you think so, you are sadly mistaken

I am not lashing out to any realm in particular, there has been report of all sides doing it so dont give me any crap about "my realm doesnt do it" its not any single realm.

M

madcarper

Anyone using things like radar need to be banned ASAP.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by sharma
just now i heard someone saying some alb ran towards him whilst he was stealthed and killed him.

afaik from what I´ve heard radar won´t pick up stealthed characters, dunno if it´s true though

S

solkhanar-pjo

I´ve heard radar won´t pick up stealthed characters

They do, read many posts about his/her sb/inf/ns being wacked by tanks and such. I really thought this game could be one without cheats, i must have been wrong :/

C

Cybwyn

I thought that radars didn't pick up stealthers. As it's BG, it's more than likely that the guy just had pisspoor stealth.

T

thegreatest

Its a fact that some stealthers have stealth that you can see from 1000 range :p. Its really that bad...

D

Damon_D

my shadowzerker will have piss poor stealth..but hey he WANTS other stealther's to attack him soo...

M

Mandorr

is it radar or piss poor stealth? if it is radar users should be banned for sure

A

Arwen

Hmm i was told by a certain 'in-the-know' individual that the information about a stealthed character, is not even sent to the viewers system, unless the game has cleared them as able to see the person, so this program some how tells the sever they are when they can't?

C

case-rigantis

i have been backstabbed by a SB while sat behind a tree abolutly miles from anywhere...have also had it happen while sat in the middle of a lake oh and i`ve got 37+13 stealth

explain that ^^

S

spyte

Tbh most stealthers in Thid are hard to see long distance with notable exception of a certain Celt Ranger.

Up close though is different matter as they tend to appear before they can get strike off, So what has probally happened is stealther has been running visable spots enemy stealths and moves on, meanwhile enemy spots him whilst visable and runs to general position name shows up and they then attack.

Why do i think this heh because when playing my Merc i do that tactic alot.

I hope no one is using Radar :( and hav'nt seen anyone that looks like they have, but I tend to sit at ck practicing my siege engines or trying to solo :p

S

spyte

Originally posted by case-rigantis
i have been backstabbed by a SB while sat behind a tree abolutly miles from anywhere...have also had it happen while sat in the middle of a lake oh and i`ve got 37+13 stealth

explain that ^^

Incredibly bad luck? :(

O

oldtimer

Dont forget that stealthers that autotrain stealth can be seen from a long distance, I had loads of fun with hitting them when stealthed. It was quite obvious that they didnt expect it. I guess they dont know how the stealth works and believes that they are completely invisible to all around them.

However, if the running alb made a bee line to the stealther over a longer distance...but reports tend to get distorted when passing the adrenaline filter...

T

the_smurflord

How Radar and Stealth Works....

Did some digging on this topic on the boards and sites of the popular radar programs. Being a stealther myself, I was worried about being targetted by radar users and wanted to see the risks.
When a stealther A is totally invisible to tank B (who's using radar), there are no data packets about stealther A sent to tank B's computer at all, therefore NO data for B's radar program to pick up on and display. Stealther A remains hidden.
However, when stealther A gets close enough to tank B to become visible in as a shadow then data is being sent to B's PC and A shows up loud and clear on B's radar display, even though B might not be able to see A (due to terrain, standing behind a wall / tree, or just not noticable).
At lower levels, like the battlegrounds, when a stealther's stealth skill is not that high they get seen in their shadow mode a lot more than being totally invisible and therefore more detectable on radar.

Still say ban people who use it. Only sure test, get a stealther to unstealth behind a solid object where he cannot possibly be seen, and see the opponents reaction, if any.

Users who are viewing this thread