A Question..

N

nicky-nook

How happy will you be in the first week of P v P when you cant log into the P v P server because it will be full of English / French / and German players 3500 is Cap Per Server Right ?

And if you cant get in game often at the start of P v P what will you do ..Try and catch your Guildmates that have been able to get ingame and Level up ahead of yourself or just say F**K it and not bother..

Regards its just a Question Nicky.

O

old.Xarr

There is a way of getting into the server even if it has capped the server population :) (And you are right, 3.5k is usually cap).

K

klavrynd

PL like hell and keel ze germans!!! ;à

K

Khalen

I would ask for another server because it's full :)

O

old.Xarr

Opening another pvp server will be like pissing your pants on a cold day. At first it's gonna be nice and warm, but after a while it's gonna be even colder and quite frankly, disgusting :)

Thing is pvp server is gonna get swarmed when it goes live due to the amount of people that want to check it out, powerlevel some, piss around and such. So due to the extreme pressure on the servers they find out they need to open up another one. Lots of people go to the 2nd one opened and play there. Now both servers will have a nice and balanced population for a couple of weeks where people are having fun etc. After a while tho alot of people will find out that it's not their thing and go back to their old server, quit altogether, take a break etc. This will cause the numbers on the pvp servers to plummit leaving them very empty and deserted-like (just what we're seeing with the 'dreds now).

Now the only option you have is merging the 2 servers, but this is unfortunately something the devs seldom do (I've seen it on both eq & daoc pvp servers).

It's a tricky situation altogether :)

D

Danya

I'll stay on excal/prydwen and chuckle at the people moaning cos they can't get on PvP. ;)

K

Keri

Or how about this??
First PvP server fills up.
GOA provide a second PvP server.
After a while, both server populations go down.
GOA combines both server populations on to one server ....

and ......

TA-DAAAAAA!!!!

We get a third English server!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A

Alrindel

I know you're just sort of kidding, but I thought I'd just point it out in this thread as an aside:
GOA combines both server populations on to one server ....
Mythic have said many times that they will not do this, despite many requests from players on the least populated US servers. Unless they back down and develop the tools to merge two servers, there's no reason to think that GOA would ever be able to do it even if they wanted to.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Keri
TA-DAAAAAA!!!!

We get a third English server!!!!!
Or GOA just switches the spare server off, which is more likely as we don;t need a third english server.

K

Keri

If they can copy the Excalibur player database over to Gorre, I'm sure they could combine 2 PvP server databases. Or maybe not ... I think if they tried that, they would end up doing a copy/replace, not an append.

<I'm glad you did notice my tongue making a slight bulge in my cheek though>:p

J

Javai

Since you can have the same player name on different servers combining server populations would be pretty tricky - there'd be way to many gandalfs, gandulfs etc etc :)

D

Danya

Not to mention Legolas Legolass Legoolas etc. etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom