A quest for good crossover dance/metal/hip-hop music!

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Apologies to those who read this post on the daoc off-topic thread, but I'm desperate!

OK, I am currently a little bored of my current music tastes (very broad but generally rock and metal) and I am trying to find some good music to drive to. I'm really into the Prodigy at the moment (Voodoo People = teh win), and I'm looking for more similar music. Ideally something that combines industrial/metal with good dance music and maybe a little hip-hop. A kind of Rammstein meets Body Count meets Prodigy.

Looking for stuff more like "Spitfire" than "Girls" off the latest Prodigy album if you get my drift :D

I went to see Blade 3 at the cinema and thought the music to that was brilliant, however the OST only had crappy boring R'n'B shit - but if anyone knows music that is like the stuff played during the action sequences of that film (and most vampire films actually ) then please tell me!!

What I generally like: Machine Head, Faith no More, Rammstein, Prodigy, Ministry, Rage Against the Machine, Eminem, Pitchshifter etc.

What I don't like: 50 cent/Nelly type rapping, repetitive electronica dance beats that go on for hours.

Please help me as I have to drive a lot with my job and I'm running out of music!!

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
Try Clay People. I've only heard their Self titled album but it's a mixture of metal/dance.

Also, KMFDM... although i've only heard a few of their songs.

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Id try:

Deathstars, possibly, as long as you dont have to look at there ugly mugs
Pain
Samael
Static-X (They got some tunes that are'nt totally crap)

And for something more extreme:
Red Harvest, check out the track AEP, feels very Machine Head goes to black metal land
...And Oceans, check out tips Tears Have No Name, id call it industrial Black Metal

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
You might also like Burzum, although I find some of their songs are too long and repetitive.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
<cough> I probably shoulda said I'm not really into death metal either :p

Or at least, I like the heavy riffs, but not the whining/growling/screaming vocals that you seem to invariably find.

Incidentally, keep those suggestions coming - I'll check em all out when I get back from work :)

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
in flames :p best band ever in my opinion or if your feeling more treeish satyricon or finntroll

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Senser 4tehwin! Only the first and last albums though.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I saw Senser when they were about 5 years old supporting the Ozric Tentacles :)

Weird.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm Squitch has lots of Senser - I'll get her to send it to me :D Cheers guys :)

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
Burzum is amazing, but I'd doubt he would be to the thread-starters tastes. As i said in the other topic, check out Ulver - Perdition city.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
check out the motherfucking Comets on Fire. They smoke.

get the track 'The bee and the cracking egg' first.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, Downset and Stuck Mojo maybe would suit you.

Bloop

Fledgling Freddie
Mad Capsule Markets? They do sort of metal/dance and it's all a bit weird from what I've heard but sounds like what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom