A query on the /respec command

S

saggyherman

Could someone please clarify how the /respec command works at levels 20 and 40.

It says in the manual that if you go to see your trainer at 20 and type /respec *specialization* you can reuse the points in another specialization (in case you fubar your character or want to use different skills at different levels).

So my question is can you use this command to remove ALL specialization points from all 3 sp lines, or from just 1 or 2?

Also what is the command. I am a spiritmaster with sp in Darkness, Suppression and Summoning.

If at level 20 I want to respec to full suppression, do I type

/respec Darkness to get the points back OR
/respec Suppression to free up points to give to it

And can I do a

/respec Darkness
/respec Summoning at the same time (level 20) to reclaim ALL points back?

All help would be gratefully received! :)

Thanks

ZipZap
(Aesir's Blade)
Level 11 Spiritmaster on Excaliber

M

Melodic

it's a single line respec - one use at lvl 20 and another at lvl 40 to remove all the points you have spent in one spec line so that you can spend them in another.

si in your example you could remove all of the points in darkeness by typing

/respec darkness

This would then free up all of the points in that spec line so you can spend them on suppression.

G

Gallak

20 and 40 respecs are single line only and can only be done at those exact levels.

at 20 you can /respec darkness

at 40 you can /respec summoning

[edit: or the other way round, thats just an example]

A

Alrindel

You can only respec one line. The skill you respec will be reduced to 1, and all the points you spent on it will immediately be put back into your "to spend" pool.

There's one caveat, although it doesn't apply to a spiritmaster, to do with autotrained skills. If you respec a skill that is designated as "autotrain" for your class (bow for archers, for example), it will not be reduced to 1. It will be reduced to 25% of your level (5 at level 20 respec, 10 at level 40 respec) and you will get the corresponding number of skill points back.

R

Risinn

I was wondering, as of last patch I got a single line respec. But at lvl40 I will also get a single line repec, do they add up? I mean can I respec at lvl40 and still have one respec left?

A

Alrindel

Well, if you use your free respec now, you will still get another at level 40. But, as I understand it, at level 40 if you have still not used your free respec, you won't get the level 40 one. I think.

A

Aravis

And the respecs only last 2 levels;

i.e. get one at 20 you have to use it at either 20th or 21st level, at 22 it is gone. With 40, use at 40 or 41, at 42 it's gone.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Originally posted by Aravis

i.e. get one at 20 you have to use it at either 20th or 21st level, at 22 it is gone. With 40, use at 40 or 41, at 42 it's gone.

Nope, that is only the free respecs that mythic gave away a few patches ago. The 20 and 40 /respecs should be used at that level.

G

Gallak

Respecs:

One given on a previous patch lasts 2 levels, if you had it at 50 you still have it, if you were 45 during the patch and are now 50, you have lost it. This respec was full, all skills went to 1 (unless autotrained)

one given at level 20, single line only, cannot be used after 20, if you were 21+ when that patch went in you did not get this respec

One given at 40, same rules apply as above.

The patch involved was about 3 months ago, so any chars created after that date only get the single lines at the appropriate level. If you were 21 when they came in you got the full respec to be used by 23 and the 40 single line respec.

If you were 41 when it came in you had the full respec to use by the time you were 43.

If you were 50 you will still have the full respec, unless you have already used it.

Realm abilities have 2 full respecs, and thats it.

Dragons will drop respec stones at some point (not sure if its this patch or next) 2 different types of stones, one for skills and one for realm abilities. I'm not sure how many they drop each death tho.

G

GReaper

Originally posted by Aravis

Only at 20 and 40, which I found out at level 21 when I thought I could still use respec. :doh:

R

raer

Regarding realm respecs, does anyone know how to tell how many you have left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom