A political view - should everyone have one?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
No that was your understanding of my original point - what I understand by it is different to what you understood by it, I called that a misunderstanding because my intent in posting wasn't clear. I hope it has been clarified.

If you look you will see I am saying that you cannot avoid a political viewpoint by stating you have none is still a political viewpoint because you are still making politics a theme for your communication.

I then went on to say that even if you are apathetic the political system both affects you and secondly observes your views and makes those a theme for further communication. You cannot avoid it. But its ok. Like I said the world will turn and politics will go on despite your apathy and our misunderstandings.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I agree with Tom. You've changed your stance.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No that was your understanding of my original point

...which was:

"Not the same thing at all. When it comes to politics you cannot avoid having some position even no position is still a position. Its because the proposition specifies a position and it is impossible to have no position relative to another position."

I don't think I misunderstood anything.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
pcg79 -> Yes I am but economic-trash-talk aside, I still believe that the view of a self-sufficient, non-selfish society being able to match that of a realistic society in which selfishness etc. does exist is not feasible.

tbh im still a little confused about what selfsufficiency means in this context but i am a little surprised at the naivety of some of your comments ('selfishness works' etc etc)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe you'd be better off providing some counter-views or telling us what you believe the difference is between self-sufficiency and selfish in this context?

I don't see how my views are naaive. If you'd bothered to check out the links and google it some more, you'd see its a view held by quite a few economists.

Turn it into a debate/discussion rather than just throwing out some one liners please ;)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
...which was:

"Not the same thing at all. When it comes to politics you cannot avoid having some position even no position is still a position. Its because the proposition specifies a position and it is impossible to have no position relative to another position."

I don't think I misunderstood anything.

Actually you did. And you still do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom