a new signature

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, i dont know if this should be here or on the general/hib/whatever forum but ive made a new signature and was hoping to get some comments on it.

wardensignature6gr.png

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ocalinn said:
Ok, i dont know if this should be here or on the general/hib/whatever forum but ive made a new signature and was hoping to get some comments on it.

wardensignature6gr.png

The white text is really hard to make out, place another copy of the text ontop the glowy one with no effects, blend it in and make it more clear.

Also the left side of the banner should have some shadow imaging like the right side.

MAYBE some blurring or fog imaging over the character so it doesn't look so plastered over it.

Other then that, nice job.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Adding extra images from behind the shadows is down to personal opinion.

Certainly don't NEED it.

The whole image looks good, but I agree with the statement about the white text. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Replace the character with a gold paladin, then rename it Bahumat and i'll be your number 1 fan :)

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
Replace the character with a gold paladin, then rename it Bahumat and i'll be your number 1 fan :)

just send me some decent screenshots to zj014nd(at)gmail.com and i'll try :>

old.Tohtori said:
The white text is really hard to make out, place another copy of the text ontop the glowy one with no effects, blend it in and make it more clear.

Also the left side of the banner should have some shadow imaging like the right side.

MAYBE some blurring or fog imaging over the character so it doesn't look so plastered over it.

Other then that, nice job.

I'll try to change the text so its a bit clearer, but since its the first time i actually make a pic in photoshop it might take some time :p

Oh and the character is meant to look that way but i'll see how it looks when i try to blur/fog it

Thanks for the comments, will try to improve!

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Ocalinn said:
I'll try to change the text so its a bit clearer, but since its the first time i actually make a pic in photoshop it might take some time :p

In the layers window, if you right click the layer with the text in, and choose duplicate. Then with the new copy, right click and delete the layer style (or remove the glow from it if you have other blending options set as well).

That will have the effect of adding focus to the text over the glow. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ryuno said:
Adding extra images from behind the shadows is down to personal opinion.

Certainly don't NEED it.

Aye it's a personal opinion, but the gay to black fade thing looks a bit dul and puts too much focus on the oversharp character. From a graphics artist point of view.

Then again i'm a tighta** perfectionist so :p

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok heres the new version, i tried a few new things and putting the white text in a new layer without any effects seems to sharpen it a bit so its easier to read, but its not enough imo.

I also blurred the black lines that are at the top and bottom of the "textwindow" so they blend in more to the background, copied the right side, resized it and pasted it to the left side and outlined the character.

wardensignature23lw.png

I want to add a thin black border to the picture too but before I do that I want comments on how the character outline looks

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Yeh white text still needs something doing to it, but im not sure what. hmm

Personally I like the character outline, and the bluring on the black lines is definetly a nice touch :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nicely done in my opinion.

You might try making a very, very light border on the text in black.

Enough to make it stand out, but not enough to notice. You know? :p

One way is to: rasterize text -> Select layer transparency ->new layer-> select/modify/border -> width 1 -> fill black -> opacity of line layer to 20%.

Here's the difference:

whitetext.jpg

Ofcourse this is just a hotfix and might need tweakage to make perfect and OFCOURSE there are many other styles to do it.

EDIT: Also problem might be with the text font and you simply need to spread the letters apart a bit.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
like the font - Mael aint it? used that myself a few times on gfx logo's....

charlogo.php

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
like the font - Mael aint it? used that myself a few times on gfx logo's....

charlogo.php

yup, its Mael font :>

havent worked any more on my sig as ive been too busy with making website designs and programming etc :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom