A new power is rising

E

Ekydus

I have to say, even without a PBAoE, a good group can mass kill pygmies...

And it is great fun :D Pulling 7-9 with Body pull/ Paladin chant...
To be greated with....
"Woot nice pull! :D keep it up!"
Groups like this tend to stay together longer too :D

H

Hit ^_^

cant compare pbae to "tank/mezz" groups.
pbae is 100000x faster/higher exp :)

was a bit hard to find decent mobs at lvl35-39 in our group tho.
as gobos was to low and tanglers camped by cabalists and al other mobs to low or to high.
avalon city was nice lvl39-50 tho.

L

lofff

Nowadays there are more icewizzies growing up on pryd, but for a long time the few i found did not used pbaoe at all (wasnt in their qbars lol) Got a couple of em to trust me and arranged couple pbaoe groups.. they did hit 50 in no time right after ;P Remember also random ppl staying for 15+ hours when usually ppl leaves in 1-3..

albs..

:rolleyes:

T

Tilda

me and my sister rescently started 2 ice wizards, to level together, now although we haven't leveled them much they hit 10 the first night we played them :D

Tilda

Y

Ygdrisil.

juppo

us HB was the other team.. PBae groups rox :)

W

-Wedge-

At 50 you hit those gobo critters for 650 ... :D

Get a Smite cleric to AE-smite loads... Get another cleric ready to heal the smite cleric... And pbaoe away... Works, is 'reasonably' safe... And fun ;)

A

acei

I think that spell might need a bit of tweaking if it's so strong...

H

hotrat

Found out about this now? lol
Albs are slow ok :)
Seriously though wizards always spec fire so you never get a pbae group unless your guild organises one, not like in hib where if there is 2 or 3 chanters in the group everyone naturally assumes you will kill mobs pbae style.

level 35-39 = Wights in barrows? Anything yellow/orange con to a level 50 that bafs is all we need :) Granite Giant gatherers in dartmoor might be ok as well.

This is old style pbae
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ripple/Howards/PBAE.htm
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ripple/Howards/PBAE 2.htm

That was before Wizard even had self bt cus I remember Stek loving my pbt :)

R

Roma

@ Shaz
Wasnt 1.36 blabla - was about 5 days after the roll back patch
and 2nd that wasnt pbae group - you just got bored mesthinks
Infact lvllin my old gimp Quiblet and you lvllin odium, you never used pbae just the crappy ass DDs. Wasnt until account was reopened and I decided to try and start twee pbae groups that odi was really used for pbae etc.

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by hotrat
Albs are slow ok :)
Seriously though wizards always spec fire so you never get a pbae group unless your guild organises one, not like in hib where if there is 2 or 3 chanters in the group everyone naturally assumes you will kill mobs pbae style.

level 35-39 = Wights in barrows? Anything yellow/orange con to a level 50 that bafs is all we need :) Granite Giant gatherers in dartmoor might be ok as well.

This is old style pbae
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ripple/Howards/PBAE.htm
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ripple/Howards/PBAE 2.htm

That was before Wizard even had self bt cus I remember Stek loving my pbt :)

Hehe @ [ics of old stek... , just so ya know stek is back ingame and is in process of makin another ice wizzy lvl43 orr44 atm . so mids/hibs beware of ice wizzy power :)

S

smokee_hb

Im only semi ice ( 43 earth / 32 ice ) but got a SS pally with me and a buffbot on the side and pulled all gobos at the house with a bolt ( they yell for help if you do more than 50 % damage )
As they come down I ae root 2/3 and pbaoe the 1/3.
Pull the next 1/3 and pbaoe them.
And then the last 1/3.

Im sure that a pull specced icewizard coould pbaoe them all at one time.

On a sidenote we gained 2.5 lvl with a lvl 6.
7 bubs with a lvl 34
and about 700 gold in total, all in 1.5 hour.

F

Flimgoblin

don't pbaoe goblins - they're ice resistant.

pbaoe danaoin fishermen to the nw.

O

old.shotgunstow

hmm I have been thinking about starting an ice wizz ever since I played pbae chanter on camlann. I just love it SO SO much :) Maybe it will be easier to level than my other alts. Now just one thing - how much ice do I spec? ;)

M

moo_work

Originally posted by Tilda
me and my sister rescently started 2 ice wizards, to level together, now although we haven't leveled them much they hit 10 the first night we played them :D

Tilda

so did my zerker, soloing

nerf 2 shotting yellows :(

K

kirennia

still not as good as the hib equivalents until next patch tho

3second cast time, chanters r 2.5
chanters get stun ice wizzies get...errr, single target root
chanters get a 50% debuff for their baseline DD which in effect makes it almost as powerful as a fire wizzie DD. Ice wizzies get a 10% debuff.....gr8.....tho granted ice wizzie one is ae
chanters get a pet that fires through walls and has a snare. Ice wizards get.......well.......
chanters r on small chars, wizzies r tallest alb char in game (as avalonian), beleive me, it makes a difference...
Chanters get BAoD, ice wizzies get a one cast ae DD at range thats barely better then the fire spec ae
Do chanters get some kind of speed too?

On a plus note, ice wizzies have a choice of baseline DD's to cast, ice or fire, not that is compares to a 50% debuffed chanter DD
Ohh, and the snare. And if you spec for a small amount of earth, you get a lvl 18 gtaoe

It wasn't a case of albs being caught behind the time, it was a case of if you wanted to roll a pbaoe char, generally you rolled a hib chanter on another server cause they r a lot more viable. Given the choice of being great or not so great, it's plain obvious what you would choose. And of course as we all well know, a lot of Albs rerolled to hib and made chanters.

However next patch brings ice wizzie pbaoe down to 2.5 seconds also so should make em more of a viable alternative. The sudden influx of ice wizzies may be because they heard of this change :)

whine, no. This is in response to people saying Albs were behind hibs and mids. Well, tbh yes we were. As players themselves we weren't the slow learners, Mythic were for not realising the big differences in classes such as these. Roll on 1.60 for more Alb viability in RvR and much fairer fights.

p.s.I know necro pets r getting fixed, are chanter and spiritmaster ones getting fixed too? Hope they all are to finish that aspect of whining once and for all :p

Users who are viewing this thread