A new forum:)?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, i sat yesterday after reading some of the threads with whine after whine.
I shook my head as usuall and thought to myself that i really wanted to stop browsing FH completely. When i first joined up i did that so i could find usefull info about raids some nice tips for rvr and have a good meeting spot for likeminded people that wanted information to help them out in game. Its a simple and good forum, and the admins are doing a good job.
The big problem is the people writing on it...or a few of them at least.
Im so tired and fed up with all the whine thats produced on these forum so im reluctant to browes on them at all tbh. So much pettines and ego that i have never seen its like before. Im now asking the people that i seen posting like normal human beings and that doesnt care about adding or not adding....epeen or leet or have something usefull to say to the comunity of daoc. Cant someone make a new rvr forum...or a new forum all together?
And all the leet whining players can stay here and have their slugfest at eachother until the rot:)
Anyone else think this is a good idea, i would be glad to help out in any way i can. Im not very good at webdesigning or hosting and all that.
Just a thought.
over and out...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
there should be a new forum for people to whine about wanting a new forum :p

or everyone could lighten up a bit and show more <3 :mad:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
they tried that with Prywden.net and look what happened there :p
same people will go to the new forums, tbh FH is rather tame compared to some of the forums this game has

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Hibs generally use pryd.net but its been a bit quiet since the crash/cluster.

Think the other realms have thier own sites.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
true vodka, but both you and me know they wont:) This is an honest request to the people that dont belong to the catogory i wrote about. And i hope some of them agree and we can finally leave the whiners to them self:)
Im fed up now. I want a forum that doesnt contain all this crap. It takes n hour to plow through the knee deep flood of shit and whine. And then maybe you can find something usefull.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
they tried that with Prywden.net and look what happened there :p
same people will go to the new forums, tbh FH is rather tame compared to some of the forums this game has

well my hope is that the ones wanting to create something new dont care about all the shit thats been written here in this forum. And that the new admins ban every single one of them as soon as those people set their foot on their and starts whine. Just a simple nice discussion forum( as good as that can be) ,so hopefully the whiners dont even have any wish to go there...i mean their hobby is to whine after all:)

illu

Part of the furniture
Everyone needs a good whine every now and then :> I think the admins do a good job, but sometimes threads turn into a bitchfest and then the plug should be pulled when 2-4 people decide to just spam insult after insult.
Like you said - it gets a bit boring sometimes ploughing through the crap, but there are occasional gems.
I think people are just bored generally.
Unfortunately there isn't much that can be said in RvR Discussions apart from Gratz threads, Relic threads, Whine Threads, and then Patch note threads. That is what RvR is about. And people have to have something to look at or read at work or while they are crafting.
Maybe skip the RvR bit of the board for a bit, and look at the General Discussion or your Realm board or even the Technical Help board. There are some useful hints, tips and threads on those boards too.

And there are already a lot of forum boards about DAOC. I personally look at about 4 (FH, guild, Vnboards, PA.com) regularly, and then there are others like CamelotClasses which are useful, and the GOA one (when Roll of Honour is working :p). So before making a new board, maybe surf to other ones and have a look.

Oli - Illu

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
ebenezer,

clear some message space I am trying to PM you. :)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
When i first joined up i did that so i could find usefull info about raids some nice tips for rvr and have a good meeting spot for likeminded people that wanted information to help them out in game.
The albion/midgard/hibernia forums are for raid info, the general and noob forums are for sharing information that helps people out in the game.

The RvR forum is for bitching, whining, flaming, debating in game philosophoes, slagging off stealth zergs, zergers, adders, those who don't add, those who don't zerg, etc, with the occasional flame free grats thread thrown in, normally involving someone who nobody knows :p

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm under the impression that FH has been having a bit less whining and slagging lately. At least in the sections I usually visit, General and Excal/Pryd RvR.

:drink:

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
Human nature buddy
They tried to produce a newspaper that only reported good new – total disaster
Hence the reason why The Sun is so popular
I must admit I buy it every day, you gotta have something to read in the crapper when you’re off loading a steamy one
Top tip – always take a shite at work nothing better than being paid for it and always take the Sun with incase you run outa bog roll
It’s kinda fun reading some of the slag fests that go on in this forum, better than the boring grtz threads imho.
You know you’re onto a winner when the master of put downs, Beeks adds his 1 liners.
Followed by Mr Sarcasm, “Men want him, Women want to be him” Ging puts it all into prospective.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
baron you only buy the sun to look at the titties!!!! - dont give me this bull about reading it!

- btw u coming out to play 2nite?

Baron

Fledgling Freddie
For sure
You missed a cracking run last nite
"Zoe, 24, from London" - see I can read :)

Technodave

One of Freddy's beloved
ebenezer said:
Ok, i sat yesterday after reading some of the threads with whine after whine.
I shook my head as usuall and thought to myself that i really wanted to stop browsing FH completely. When i first joined up i did that so i could find usefull info about raids some nice tips for rvr and have a good meeting spot for likeminded people that wanted information to help them out in game. Its a simple and good forum, and the admins are doing a good job.
The big problem is the people writing on it...or a few of them at least.
Im so tired and fed up with all the whine thats produced on these forum so im reluctant to browes on them at all tbh. So much pettines and ego that i have never seen its like before. Im now asking the people that i seen posting like normal human beings and that doesnt care about adding or not adding....epeen or leet or have something usefull to say to the comunity of daoc. Cant someone make a new rvr forum...or a new forum all together?
And all the leet whining players can stay here and have their slugfest at eachother until the rot:)
Anyone else think this is a good idea, i would be glad to help out in any way i can. Im not very good at webdesigning or hosting and all that.
Just a thought.
over and out...

I think the problem is ppl not posting in the right section :twak: :twak:

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Technodave said:
I think the problem is ppl not posting in the right section :twak: :twak:

Thanx:) but 90% of the whines are "rvr related" so i dont think ur totally right there:p
And for me posting this here i dont really care it was in rvr section or not. I read rvr section and the hib section and thats it. I know most people that read FH at all read rvr section. So to explain to you why...well thats the answer to that:p

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:
The albion/midgard/hibernia forums are for raid info, the general and noob forums are for sharing information that helps people out in the game.

The RvR forum is for bitching, whining, flaming, debating in game philosophoes, slagging off stealth zergs, zergers, adders, those who don't add, those who don't zerg, etc, with the occasional flame free grats thread thrown in, normally involving someone who nobody knows :p

And ofc the 'im so leet lick my feet' stuff from the 2 hibs........

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I like FH just the way it is. Serves my purpose of reading at least, not reading here just to get valuable information about the game, but to be amused and involved in the community around the game. I dont think this forum would be near half as entertaining without whine and some amusement. Sure the amount of whine can be overwhelming at times but frankly, I am not really bothered.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
I like FH just the way it is. Serves my purpose of reading at least, not reading here just to get valuable information about the game, but to be amused and involved in the community around the game. I dont think this forum would be near half as entertaining without whine and some amusement. Sure the amount of whine can be overwhelming at times but frankly, I am not really bothered.

As i said some people isnt bothered..and they would stay here if an alternative came out. Cause they like it as it is. And thats fine with me. That would mean less bitching on an alternative one.Im not against a mature discussion about rvr or rvr related things. But its hardly non of that in this rvr section...and if it is it drowns in all other shit tbh. A constructive whine that havent been heard 1 million times before or something that can comes out from a discussion is just good. But i see none of that here. I see 1 million posts of the same pointless class whines(bainshee, warlocs etc) then other half is about adding and trying to force other people into playing their way. hardly beneficial for anyone. But sure....i guess some find it fun, and its the same persons in every one of those posts all over again. No im turning to the ocasional people that tune in here....and that i have seen posting some sane info from time to time, and like to give some constructive critisism instead of just beginning with :why did you add you fucking ****??....or why do some retards never solo on their steahlthers:???:p

Forf

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
there should be a new forum for people to whine about wanting a new forum :p

or everyone could lighten up a bit and show more <3 :mad:

agreed, i even got a bucket of red roses (to give away) i won in the lottery... but i couldnt give it to manisch after my group zerged him :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom