A Memory

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
A Memory

I knew you.
You were someone close.
You were strong and driven.
Yet you had your faults, just like everyone else.
But you were so big you could hide them.
Sometimes though, you couldn’t make things work the way you wanted them to.

But it didn’t matter so much because when you did, you made them work with an Iron Fist.
You had a silence that wasn’t so easy to figure out - Cold and unflinching.

Did you mean to be threatening? Did you just not wanna say anything? On the other hand, was it your beliefs that held your voice back?
When it came to it, I had hard time getting to know you and who you really were.
Who really were you? Everyone seemed to have an idea, yet like me, they couldn’t quite put their finger on it.
I guess we never did figure it out because we were all so alike.
Perhaps like me, you were looking for something special in life – and you had that and more, but the great thing was that you didn’t realise it.

Yet I envy that because there is always something missing in my life.

It was hard for you as it is for me now to face up to our own failings.
That silence provided you with that one ally which never failed.
I can’t do that. I have look them in the face. I don’t have any choice, I have look them right in the eye.
Does it make me better than you? Am I stronger than you? No.
Our weakness was trusting kindness, and both of us knew the consequence of falling for that one.
But you were always the one to point that out because you didn’t trust you and other people either.
You grew older and I guess a little wiser
As time went on, you learned to smile.
But I couldn’t trust you because you were me and I didn’t even trust myself. And I didn’t know you then....
Over time, I came to realise that you and I weren’t really that much alike at all.

Now that you are gone, I still have questions I need to ask - yet you aren't there to answer them.
And I am wondering about so many questions with you and me and the place that we lived.
So many answers out there and yet I am still missing more pieces of my life.
And as much you have left us now, you really haven’t left. You are still here, because I am your son, and through everyone else and me – you live on.

Skyclad

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

I felt your pain by reading this. It was also something I could relate to.

:)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I felt your pain by reading this. It was also something I could relate to.

:)

I am glad that it was worth the effort. The piece itself is meant to prepare people for the ultimate inevitable and that it's gonna hurt. It hurt my very much to even write it - I still find it quite difficult to read this myself. And I am not being pretentious when I say that.

More work to follow in the coming weeks though. Keep your eyes peeled :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I am glad that it was worth the effort. The piece itself is meant to prepare people for the ultimate inevitable and that it's gonna hurt. It hurt my head and heart very much to even write it - I still find it quite difficult to read this myself. And I am not being pretentious when I say that.

More work to follow in the coming weeks though. Keep your eyes peeled :)

edited...

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I got that one, again more powerful stuff. I really like your work man, not all poets can do the chatty style without sounding...scripted? I like the way your chatty style here sounds like (maybe because it is) its real.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I got that one, again more powerful stuff. I really like your work man, not all poets can do the chatty style without sounding...scripted? I like the way your chatty style here sounds like (maybe because it is) its real.

It is :( Most people I've seen read this, it has almost brought them to tears. I conveyed my hurt so that others will know what it is going to feel like for long time even after the loss of someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom