A little story....

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shike

A little story about trading....

I once had a ranger in Hibernia....

I got tired of Hibernia and decided to move midgard, when I went there I traded my Ranger for a Skald named Vajper.

I didnt actually play the skald since it just felt wrong to do so since it wasnt my own creation and lvld a shammy on that account while i was in Nordic Fury, Gargeis Imidor was his name. While I was playing this account I noticed stuff dissapeared now and then, the tip of the iceberg was when a Glacier Jewel dissapeared from the shaman. I then had the characters deleted and closed down.

Now tonight I logged in on Rightnow, I cant say why to be honest, I just did it. First I see that the account is active and paid for... What I find is a lvl50skald and my old lvl50 shammy and a 37 RM that also was on that account. The skald is renamed but I checked RPs and RAs and it match to 100%, it is Vajper. What in hell was my first reaction, the characters on my old account that once was deleted has been restored and someone is playing them.

I searched through the characters and found the skald has 2 glacier jewels now... I could bet money on that one is the one from the shaman.

In conclusion, I have been scammed badly by someone. I have a pretty good idea of who the scammer is aswell since I talked to a fella who had the account after me.. The funny thing is that someone had traded the account after I deleted the chars again and I spoke with that person on IRC. We know who traded it to him after I deleted. I gave out the subpass on #daoc.prydwen to ruin the account totally.

What I want to say is this:

THINK before you trade guys, Mythic have a system with a secret word that protect you, but GOA dont support this in any way and there is no way you can be certain to not get scammed. I know of others who have traded and gotten scammed aswell. For me the greatest reason to not trade before yesterday was simply that I dont feel the same for the character I traded for once and didnt enjoy it one bit, now another reason is the scammers out there.

I aint sad or bitter or anything at all, it isnt about that, I knew the risks with trading and I knew it is against the COC that GoA reminds us with every time we log in. This is just a word of advice and to show how it can go when you do trade, think twice is my best advice regarding this matter.

/salute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom