A Little Recruitment Drive

I

Ignition

I've seen a few things in the forum about how we are low of people, there are subscribers there just not at the same time.

If you want to see more people, why not pimp BW a bit to the people you play with ;)

There are many services we offer that make the subscription well worth it, and the biggest service may well be that our servers are cheat free, and the blokie in charge listens to what you want and is happy to deliver as soon as possible.

I can guarantee that if there are any problems with the servers, they will get sorted, I wont ignore anyone. ;)

N

NightH@wk|

I ahve tried this on a few occasions but all i get is while there are free servers out there they wont join :(

T

TedTheDog

It'll always be the case that there are free servers. The whole internet is based on business models that are either "land grabs" or unrealistic business models. Neither will last the course.
Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying "Use BW servers because we've got real finances now". As a gamer you wont give a shit about that, its all about getting a good game, when you want.

Over time we'll build back up, and we'll try to offer a service with higher standards than many other places, and we'll try to offer a responsive community service that caters for the ebb and flow of communities and what they want.

With regards to quality, we've now started to drastically reduce the numbers of game servers running per cpu, to ensure each game server has a lot more cpu available to it, to reduce instances of lag.
We've now got many game servers that have an entire CPU all to themselves, and all of our machines are on 100mb Fast ethernet connections as a minimum.

Anyway, I know the freebies will always be there, and many people wont come back for "old games" like this. But as the new games come out and we pick up new customers, many of them will have "old games" already. At £12/£24 a year our price isnt too much of a barrier. The main barrier is lack of other players, and thats something we can address with time.

C

Cdr

Personnally I was quite happy to hand over my £12 for a years subscription. Especially as I already knew that the BW servers were of high quality with fast connections. By subscribing I also knew that the service could only get better. There was always going to be problems with the amount of subscriptions in the first few months, but as other GSP move over to subscription based services it well then be a matter of which is 'best and cheapest' and not 'I'll go on here 'cos it's free'.

Hopefully BW will triumph and the amount of people playing on SOF2 servers will be upto the numbers seen before the change of service.

I

Ignition

Originally posted by Cdr2002
Personnally I was quite happy to hand over my £12 for a years subscription. Especially as I already knew that the BW servers were of high quality with fast connections. By subscribing I also knew that the service could only get better. There was always going to be problems with the amount of subscriptions in the first few months, but as other GSP move over to subscription based services it well then be a matter of which is 'best and cheapest' and not 'I'll go on here 'cos it's free'.

Hopefully BW will triumph and the amount of people playing on SOF2 servers will be upto the numbers seen before the change of service.

Dare I say that this is kinda remiscent of the old 0800 ISPs that are long since consigned to history.
For any doubters I have to say that providing a GSP service costs serious cash, and anyone doubting this should do a little research into just how much it must cost to run a single game server.
Fact is that with the introduction of the p2p system and all the extras that are included BarrysWorld cements its' position as the number 1 GSP, we offer things that you don't get anywhere else, and the subscription charge isn't really going to be obstructive to anyone. After all you paid £30 for the game you want to play online!
I think BW have come up with a competitively priced package offering a lot of extras that would cost you more to get somewhere else. Indeed I am paying the £12 for an extra subscription cos I feel guilty at getting my sub free as part of my liaison voluntary service.
Think about that one, I get the sub free but am voluntarily setting up another account and paying for BW services through that. I have every faith that BW will succeed in the long run, I wouldn't part with my cash if I though otherwise.
The argument is not why to subscribe but why NOT to subscribe - I am confident that with the web hosting and other extras you wont find this sort of value anywhere else.

C

Cdr

Just out of interest, before subscription, how did BW make money, if they made money at all? They had their 0845 dial-up number for a while, but I presume the uptake of that wasnt huge? Was it all down to advertising / sponsorship from various companies?

Users who are viewing this thread