A Jedi in Tesco you say?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I lol'd hard

"The founder of the Jedi religion inspired by the Star Wars films has been thrown out of a Tesco supermarket for wearing his distinctive brown hood.
Daniel Jones, 23, who has 500,000 followers worldwide, was told his hood flouted store rules and was ordered to remove it or leave the supermarket.
He claimed he had been 'victimised over his beliefs' and left 'emotionally humiliated' by the supermarket in Bangor, north Wales.

But Tesco hit back and claimed that the three most well known Jedi Knights in the Star Wars movies - Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker - all appeared in public without their hoods.

Mr Jones, from Holyhead, said his religion dictated that he should wear the hood in public places and is considering legal action against the chain.
'It states in our Jedi doctrination that I can wear headwear. It just covers the back of my head,' he said.
'You have a choice of wearing headwear in your home or at work but you have to wear a cover for your head when you are in public.'
He said he'd gone to the store to buy something to eat during his lunch-break when staff approached him and ordered him to the checkout where they explained he would have to remove the offending hood or leave the store.
'They said: "Take it off", and I said "No, its part of my religion. It's part of my religious right." I gave them a Jedi church business card.'
Mr Jones claimed the store manager and staff were 'uncooperative' and left him feeling 'emotionally humiliated' for making fun of his beliefs.
'They weren't listening to me. They wasted my personal time. They were rude and not very nice to me. They had three people around me. It was intimidating.

It was discrimination. They were making a joke against me. I was really upset. Nobody should be treated like that.

'We have 500,000 members in our church. It is a religion founded in Wales with a scripture and ceremonies'
Mr Jones has made an official complaint to Tesco, is considering a boycott of the store and is seeking legal advice.
A Tesco spokesperson said: 'He hasn't been banned. Jedis are very welcome to shop in our stores although we would ask them to remove their hoods.
'Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as one who never removed his hood.
'If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers.'"

Thadius

Part of the furniture
'If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers.'"

Made me lol!

Tesco have basically ripped the Jedi theory to bits by saying 3 of the most prominent Jedi have appeared hoodless.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Seems the Tesco PR spokesperson had a right good sense of humour when commenting lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"'Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all appeared hoodless without ever going over to the Dark Side and we are only aware of the Emperor as one who never removed his hood.

Well done! :clap:

Can't argue with that.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
These are not the Doritos you are looking for *fazam*

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Haha what a ****, hope he gets raped by Jabba the Slut

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well... The emperor has removed his hood? he didnt wear it when it was a Sith Lord so..?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Pfft fucking Jedi twat, he lives in fear of Darth cHodAX leader of the Sith Empire and regular shopper at Aldi/Lidl.

We Sith lords like our bargain choccies. :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Pfft fucking Jedi twat, he lives in fear of Darth cHodAX leader of the Sith Empire and regular shopper at Aldi/Lidl.

We Sith lords like our bargain choccies. :D

I never realised the supreme overlord of the universe was a bargain hunter, i guess he is hit by the recession too :(

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I've seen this guy around. He really does wear his Jedi clothing most of the time in public.

And don't forget to put your religion down as Jedi in the census next year. ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I've seen this guy around. He really does wear his Jedi clothing most of the time in public.

I'll put mine down as Sith tbh just to be annoying to the jedi!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Made me lol!

Tesco have basically ripped the Jedi theory to bits by saying 3 of the most prominent Jedi have appeared hoodless.

one of the most prominent christians got nailed to a crucifix and killed - should the rest follow?

If jedi's cant wear hoods instore, how can it be ok for muslims to wear the ninja suits they do? seems unfair really.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Fucking wannabes. If i start wearing a ninja suit and run around at night it wouldn't mean i am a ninja. It means, well... that i dont lack creativity. But still, idiots!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

years 2011 will be a census year not 2010

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Oct 209 for the trial of the census in 3 counties.
Mar/Apr 2011 for the "proper" census.

I know a thing or two about it.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
So should it be this:

Or this:

Apologies, I don't have photoshop so did the best of a bad job :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
wasnt jesus a jew?
But his real name was Chris thats why its called Christianity.. :p

Can recommend watching Religilous with Bill Maher.

US Senator says ohh you dont need to take an IQ test to become a senator.
10 sec later he shows off a oohhh shit did i really say that face.. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom