A Good Idea?

Harthai

Fledgling Freddie
What do you guys think of crafting?With all the uber ToA items out there it must have slowed down a little.

I wonder what would happen if all the new bonuses became avaible for crafters ,or even functions?

That would make it alot easier for people to get the exact stats (and ect) they need by just looking up a crafter again.But what about the artifacts? Wouldnt the become extremly rare since most people could easily buy the same stuff.Even if they couldnt put as much,they could still make a capped out template.

What do you guys think?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I'd rather see jewellery crafting come in first seeing as shit choice of rings is usually what pisses me of most when creating templates.

Crafts that have suffered most though really is things like weaponcrafting and fletching, as aside from the few demands for legendary weapons no one will want to use crafted weapons anymore due to the poor procs availible and abundance of artifact weapon choices.

Spellcrafting will always be needed for filling in spaces in a template and alchemy to a lesser extent for potions, armour craft may see a drop but not as drastic as weaponcraft.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
tbh the demand for mp armor went up by ~1000% or smth with toa.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Bad idea, the original reasoning behind ToA bonuses (apparently) was to make it more difficult, to the point of impossible to cap everything. Tbh I don't think ToA has hurt Crafters That much and giving them the ability to craft ToA bonuses would only take us back to square one.

That and it doesn't really fit in the ethos of Atlantis (Super-race, gods compared to us, etc, etc)

I guess if 1/2 were avalible for crafting (definatly not the +speed's though) from rare items (similar to legendary weapons) I could tollerate it, but on the while I think it would only be trouble.

Cutri

Fledgling Freddie
Can't remember the last time I sold any fletched item from my CM, or was asked to make one tbh.

Legendary staffs and bows r useless and has as already been said better stuff readily available in ToA.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
letting crafters make stuff better than toa items kinda defeats the point of them :D

nice avatar katt xD

Shneddi

Fledgling Freddie
so everyone spends ages getting toa stuff then finds out then didnt have to they could have just got it crafted :eek: n1

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
have to agree, toa has screwed it for fletching no sales since toa at all. i think jewelary crafting should be introduced though, put the base items, plain ring, neckie, whatever in the metal line which would help WC, different weapon skins in WC and bow/staff skins into fletching.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
AC orders are through the roof atm, simply cant make MP fast enough to satisfy demand.

This last week i have had 3 MP orders, one for 5 items, one for 4 items and another for 3 items.

Put MP boots on my CM, 3 hrs later i log back on and they are sold.

Conversely, 99% doesnt sell anymore which is kinda annoying when making so much MP....seriously gonna have to start thinking about selling 99% to merchant along with the other retries soon if things dont change.

Wabbit

Fledgling Freddie
Same here 1079 fletcher and got 2 request (from guild) to make a LW....all other stuff including MP bows and staffs is unsold since TOA

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, us crafters have been hit hard in the 99% department, and fletchers worse than any other.

I do think we should be able to at least compete with rog and quest items. All our hard work gaining LGM has now been pissed up the wall in favour of some jammy git getting a nice item from a random mob.

Yes, I think ToA items should be hard to get, but getting together 15p for a full set of MP chain is also damn hard. And the many hours we spent crafting our nuts off as well as the 10-15p it cost us to gain that skill, I think were due our glory back once again.

As in another thread, us crafters are a dying art, it would be nice to get some new skills along with the ToA abuse we have.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
think they should have legendary armours to make as well as legendary weapons imo

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
think they should have legendary armours to make as well as legendary weapons imo

Perhaps.

I think a few would welcome custom armours though...such as the ability to put spikes on a vest, arm blades, extra strong leg armour etc all with small but handy effects at the cost of higher encumberance perhaps?

Harthai

Fledgling Freddie
Ok let's say we crafters can craft speacial ToA bonuses.That should bring us back on track.

You want cap a ToA bonus ,well then you can once again just look up a crafter.But if you want the sweet stuff,such as shapechange or the super duper :)P) functions,then youll have to get your hands on ToA items.

They should in my opinion slightly decrease the item drop ratio.My necro on the U.S servers was farming those things just for the guild alone.

If they do drop the item drop ratio and give crafter the ability to craft ToA bonuses.Then perhaps we can see crafting ressurected .

Besides Artifacts as you all know are very powerful but also hard to get ,and to level.So theyll still stay as the best items out there .

Archeon posted that this would bring conflict to the storyline of the "Advanced Atlanteans",and hes right.But they could easily introduce a type of quest or ml to gain these new crafting abilities,therefore keeping the storyline intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom