A future full of server crashes :/

J

Jace

Nice to see an explanation behind the crashes on Excal, nothing Excal players hadn't already guessed tbh.

I'm not gonna whine about how pathetic it is to have a server infrastructre that is unable to support the game, nor am I going to wonder how this doesn't happen on the top German / French servers who regularly have higher populations than Excal (and indeed the US servers in primetime).

My concern is how the hell are they going to manage Frontiers?

At the moment the frontiers are split into 3 zones, get too many people in one zone and it crashes. Frontiers plans to have just the one frontier area with no zoning at all . . . imagine the crashes and chaos :/

Now the optimist would say "well obviously substantial changes will be made to the supporting infrastructure to support just one frontier zone", whilst the pessimist would say "well if that's the case why aren't the changes made now to prevent Excal crashing once more, nothing will change".

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a pessimist :/

T

the_fnord

Originally posted by Jace
I'm not gonna whine about how pathetic it is to have a server infrastructre that is unable to support the game, nor am I going to wonder how this doesn't happen on the top German / French servers who regularly have higher populations than Excal (and indeed the US servers in primetime).

You just did. :great:

Want sum cheese? :D

S

Silence

have u noticed they said its an easy fix, its a simple reboot of the servers involved.. and it SHOULD happen automically.

oh right, it took them 24 hours to figure out where reboot button was? (ok i know its not that easy but 24 hours takes the piss)

and it should happen automatically but didn't?

and well albs are gonna zerg agian, and its obivously gonna crash again, thank goodness i moved back prydwen not too long ago.

T

Tesla Monkor

Frontiers will make matters BETTER, because as it stands now, the three 'homerealm' servers are dealing with the RvR stuff as well. I suspect the three parts of the homerealms consisting of the RvR zones will be placed on a seperate server, forming in effect a 5th 'Homeland'. (Midgard, Albion, Hibernia, Shrouded Isles Zones, Frontier Zones and soon TOA Zones.) That's 6 seperate machines for just the areas. :)

B

Blood

can we have a zone+server more for "Blood's House"?

yes bring on the noise! rave in my basement tonight!

G

Gwendel

Originally posted by Blood
can we have a zone+server more for "Blood's House"?

yes bring on the noise! rave in my basement tonight!

Free smarties?:D

C

Cheesehound

The crashes will stop when we get our relics back.

xD

I

iziz

It was mentioned that to get from one realm to another you need to take a trip across the sea. At a guess this will just be more of a transparent method of zoning, instead of the current loading screen. Of course this is just a guess, but it seems the most likely as it wouldn't require any changes to the current server infrastructure of one server per realm for the 'old world' . It does however leave the exact same problem that exists currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom