A Friend Hacked etc.. plz read would like some info

V

Vantros

A friend of mine was hacked.. and all her chars deleted.. now goa have replaced 1 of them but are saying they cant replace her 50 warden, 50 chanter and her lgm WC'er.. personally i see this as a breach of thier contract as they obviously are to lazy to bring them back, havent stored them right or are just being tossers..

can anyone give me some advice as to how she can proceed??

B

boni_ofdavoid

Sorry to hear about your friends loss.

I doubt theres much they will do. Your friend almost certainly lost her characters through being a bit unsafe with her passwords as there isnt really much hacking thats possible and all these 'my friend got hacked' turn out to be 'my friend lent password, or plays in an unsafe LAN etc'.

Unfortunatley none of out characters are owned by us, the small print pretty much says they can delete our chars at will with no comeback.

Rightnow is your only hope.

V

Vegy

Its possible the other characters were overwritten by the hackers, why should goa keep endless ammounts of backups of characters. I'd imagine the cost for the memory space to keep 100's of backed up previous characters for each player would outway the reason to have them (I doubt many people actually get 'hacked' but breach the CoC in what they believe is harmless).
I would not be happy about losing characters I can assure you, but they are a business and its all about making the most money in the end.

A

allnewdave

If they say they cant recover them they may be correct. If the hacker made replacement characters and then deleted those too they are probably all gone (from what goa have said about the character storage method previously)

What they can do however is promote new characters to the appropriate levels with 'extreme ease'. Im sure the same applies to the lgm wc.

Whether they will or not is a different matter.

V

vintervargen

tbh the way they restore characters, how much info can that be?

rps
stats
spec
name
class
race
exp
inventory/vault?
ra's
respecs

not that much, cant take more then some KB's in a logfile

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by vintervargen
tbh the way they restore characters, how much info can that be?

rps
stats
spec
name
class
race
exp
inventory/vault?
ra's
respecs

not that much, cant take more then some KB's in a logfile
Not only that, but with how fast Chronicles update, the info should still be there even....

G

Gesp

"Chars deleted in and before 1.60 cant be restored after this patch"

There was something like that in the last patch news, and they dont have endless amounts of char backups as someone also said.

A

adari

They only keep backups of the last 4 deleted characters, afaik.

So, if i have

Char A
Char B
Char C
Char D
Char E
Char F
Char G
Char H

And I delete them all, in the following order: A B C D E F G H. Then only chars E F G H can be restored.

At least thats what I noticed myself, they might have changed it or I might be wrong.

K

Kurik BHM

imo it was stupid of goa to tell ppl how they do their backup etc etc....

now everyone who gets hacked lose chars due to hacker overwriting a couple of times..

if they didnt tell... no chars or atleast less chars would have been deleted.

A

adari

Originally posted by Kurik BHM
imo it was stupid of goa to tell ppl how they do their backup etc etc....

now everyone who gets hacked lose chars due to hacker overwriting a couple of times..

if they didnt tell... no chars or atleast less chars would have been deleted.

I think its quite obvious even if they hadnt told people

You character has been saved.

K

Kurik BHM

i know.. but what i ment was.... its stupid of goa to say "how-to" totally delete you char...

unwanted info imo

K

knudden

they can remake ur chr no matter what
but they wont
unless u can get tons of ppl to spam there email
if my acc ever get hacked im not even gonna bother
ill just find another game with (hopefully) better service
ps:HI KEMOR :p

K

Karlo

Originally posted by adari

So, if i have

Char A
Char B
Char C
Char D
Char E
Char F
Char G
Char H

And I delete them all, in the following order: A B C D E F G H. Then only chars E F G H can be restored.

At least thats what I noticed myself, they might have changed it or I might be wrong.

Think adaris right

A

angrysquirrel

to answer vans question - we have no advice, there is nothing you can do other than follow the advice on password and game security that mythic and goa give you and then you will be fine.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by adari

So, if i have

Char A
Char B
Char C
Char D
Char E
Char F
Char G
Char H

afaik they have stored the 4 last logged in chars ;)

D

Demolay

Hacked or given her pass out?
U any idea how hard it is to hack an individuals PC specifically to delete someones chars .... ?
Unless ofc shes been "negligent" in keeping her pass to herself :/

99.9999% of so called "hacks" are ppl u know

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom