A flask

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Sticky plz

Dear middies. While i was messing with Stan's Template I noticed this gem which fits very nice into it.
I've never done the arti, but read/hear it's pretty hard. (2 FG's needed - at least ?)
So was wondering, if a lot of ppl want it too, maybe we can start doing weekly raids for this arti also. Plz post here if you're intrested in doing weekly raids for it. If enough response i'll organise some raids the next months (VoS will be my guide, unless someone got enough xp in this to guide us)

:worthy: :cheers: :worthy:

P.S. here's the stats, but i think they are class dependend.

BASE:Hits +40
L1:
L2:Strength +15
L3:
L4:Constitution +15
L5:Efficient Healing
L6:Quickness +15
L7:
L8:Bonus to Constitution cap: 5
L9:
L10:Spirit 5%
Cheat Death

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Run in, grab it, run off?

kill the 4 or so taurs from outside, then open door, run to arti, grab, run away and you have it.

Mardan

Fledgling Freddie
Something like that yes.. but will need strong carrier group.. prefer shield tank, skald and healer with few insta heals to throw while running away from taur zerg chasing to dry hump you. And ofcourse you need the group that clears the way and keeps it clear. Taurs on the gate have pretty fast respawn time and there's few archers that keep bombarding all the time through walls even if you get inside to "safe" spot

Did the encounter once with balanced melee group + carrier group...
Bashed our way in and stayed on the right hand corner where it seemed "safe" if you dont mind those archers. Had small rest while sorted the carrier group, melee group ganked few taurs near the arty and moved to agro the taurs outside the gate while carrier group grabbed the arty and started legging to haven. (not sure if the taurs follow there, but would have ported to svasud just in case.. atleast this was done on earlier patches)
All went smooth if you don't count my little screw up on getaway part with slightly wrong choice of turn on one of the bridges and stumbling across sally spawn. ;) (Note to self: take southern island route)
Had warr, aug shammy and aug/mend healer in carrier group then. With proper skald speed I guess this would have been easier. Atax taur kept bolting pretty long. And they do hurt.. those insta heals were nice.
Will need atleast mach2-3 to leave the taurs behind.

There might be better tactics and would appreciate if anyone would tell about em. I would need the flask too for one of my templates and had hard time getting peeps to get kil.. try the arty ;)
Anyway if we get flask raids going I would be more than willing to join.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Is there an easy way to kill those 4 Taurs then ? Or need some runies , archers , thanes (ye ye :worthy: ) ?

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
I duoed it as a mincer + paladin without using SOS :p

we ofc had a bb :eek:

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok ok,

Plz keep posting if you wanna help out to get it in MIDGARD, using MIDDIE tactics ! :touch:

If we need 2 groups to do it, well, let's get 2 groups then. Good thing about this arti : if we do it once, every week, it'll be up no doubt. Other good thing: the scrolls are real cheap.

Keep signing up plz

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
I've been working on some tactic on my own and made 4 or so tries but haven't managed it yet. Few times I just got unlucky though.

First time I tried it for fun with Shammy and my Savage since I didn't really know what it was like and stuff. I pulled the entrance mobs with shammy AE and sent him running off to random direction. Then I went inside and grabbed flask and tried running but died bit outside the building.

On best attempt we were two savages, healer and non played shammy. Savage bodypulled the entrance aggro and ran off with them. I ran inside and healer stayed at the steps just outside. I grab flask, healer spreadheals me loads and gains aggro while at it and I run off.

I got as far as the next island where by bad luck I ran into Siam-He mob that hit me enough to slow down since I was already in low HP.. But i'm quite sure I would had made it if that hadn't happened :)

Would probably be easier if you used Warrior to grab the flask since they're more durable (Savages can use melee resist and endurance shouts to their advantage, though) and perhaps give him Skald companion for speed.
Basically I think you just need:
- Anyone to pull entrance aggros, shammy works fine with AE
- Healer with ok spreadheal
- The one who does the grabbing

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Flask

Count me in - Skald if needed, any other as per requirements

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice, based on what Belorfyn posted here, this might be worth trying then :

Group one (aggro takers)

Warrior (bodypull the guards)
Skald (speed)
Shaman bb (more hp's and end for sprinting)

Group two (flask grabbers)

Warrior (IP would be a good idea, the one that goes in and grab the arti)
Skald (more speed)
Healer (mend/pac, maybe stun works)

Group one takes the guards with them and run back to Volcanus haven, guards can kill them (j/k)
Group two gets the arti and run run run

Maybe we could post another seer somewhere on a safe point on the escape route , for some extra heals, mezzing ads.

So ...

G1 :
Warrior :
Skald :
Shaman : Amelio

G2 :
Warrior :
Skald :
Healer : Doktoor

If you wanna risk your life, signup :) we'll set a date to try it a few times when we have the ppl.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Would this be a possibility?:
I've got gateway, if I get in that house, 4 warriors protect me on all directions so I won't get hit by arrows, grab the flask and port to safety?

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Would this be a possibility?:
I've got gateway, if I get in that house, 4 warriors protect me on all directions so I won't get hit by arrows, grab the flask and port to safety?

1. Only one warrior at a time can guard you, if you meant that.
2. They cast spells too, I think.

The only way I think gateway might work would be that some other people run inside to get aggros and then you go to flask, start casting gateway and just when it's almost done, then grab flask and hope you port before getting shot.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Belorfyn said:
1. Only one warrior at a time can guard you, if you meant that.
2. They cast spells too, I think.

The only way I think gateway might work would be that some other people run inside to get aggros and then you go to flask, start casting gateway and just when it's almost done, then grab flask and hope you port before getting shot.
That should be doable I guess ;) Done it several times with Staff of the Gods to help friends and guildies to get that item :)

Mardan

Fledgling Freddie
Doubt Gateway will be useful here, because the taur will agro the one holding the flask. And this means about all the taurs in area. There is much less than that ~15sec casting time once you grab the arty and you would have to stand in quite nasty spawn to get head start for that spell.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Mardan said:
Doubt Gateway will be useful here, because the taur will agro the one holding the flask. And this means about all the taurs in area. There is much less than that ~15sec casting time once you grab the arty and you would have to stand in quite nasty spawn to get head start for that spell.
Yes, but you don't grab the flask, and then start casting, you cast, and about 15 seconds later, you grab the flask just before the spell is finished.... then run away, and never speak to the rest of the group again :p

--just kidding, just kidding--

Mardan

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Yes, but you don't grab the flask, and then start casting, you cast, and about 15 seconds later, you grab the flask just before the spell is finished....
Yes, that why I said that it will be hard to try for a head start too cause of the nearby nasty spawn :sex:
No harm in trying ofcourse, but think the spawn might prevent that.
(There is 2 Atax taurs that almost 2-3 bolted my warr with insane range)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom