A final plee, stop /laugh!

B

BlitheringIdiot

It is possibly the worst thing at the end of a long and tatic packed fight to see the enemies which you had grown respect for over the previous hours to wander up to your corpse and start laughing at you...

I was beginning to greatly respect a group of about 15 middies this afternoon, who gave us albs hell for 2 good hours, we would out tactic you and gain ground, then similarly you would do the same to us...

BUT throught this whole episode there were two middie in particular who brought it upon themselves to simple follow this group around and laugh at every corpse they found, i did not see either make an decent contribution to the actual fighting (although i believe one may have been a healer). To fully disgrace the players (im an evil b*stard) there names were Laarn and Exely. :eek:

In contrast I thought it was a nice touch for a chap named Middenface to bow to me, whilst I was still alive (barely)after i had held up on the bridge killing 3 middies, he killed me 3 seconds later mind but I went out with a respectful smile and a returning bow to him. :)

D

DookPug

Laarn and Exely are good guys. They were probably just retaliating after a few of your guys did it to us.

It is a habit that needs to be stopped I admit, but sometimes it's meant in jest rather than in any piss taking capacity.

-Dook

S

SFXman

It is fun ;)
Especially sitting on a lurikeen thus you cannot see them anymore :D

L

listepik

the concept of people laughing at your dead body:

I fail to see this as any form of disgrace, any form of dishonorable fighting etc etc etc.

Only dishonourable thing i can think of, is to cheat in a way, that allows you to win a fight unfairly.

If he beats you fair and square, its his bloody god-given right, to laugh, sit, jump, dance etc on your corpse.

wether or not ,you chose to bow politely to your SWORN enemy, is entirely up to you. me? i usually do neither, since i find the actual killing alot more fun

G

Gwelma

cheating

Originally posted by SFXman
It is fun ;)
Especially sitting on a lurikeen thus you cannot see them anymore :D

Actually thats cheating in any sence as u cant get a lock on for a res, its a sad world when u call that fun, u just lost the respect i had for u.

If u have to cheat to get ur kicks go elsewhere ur not wanted here.

B

Blood

i wish there was a /giggle :) or atleast a /smile

F

-faith-

Actually thats cheating in any sence as u cant get a lock on for a res, its a sad world when u call that fun, u just lost the respect i had for u.

As far as I can see this is no bug exploit. I am not sure what lvl you are but later on in RvR it is a viable tactic to stop your enemy to preform rezzes so they will have to release and hence give you the upperhand in a battle.

This of course is persanal choice, one of which hardly matters to me in squirmishes but if its a keep raid...no way am I going to willingly let my enemy rez so they can defend/capture the keep. I want them to have to release and have a long run back...by which time hopefully Albion would be victorious in whatever raid.

SFXman belongs in Crusaders and in no way do we incourage cheating, and in this case the acusation was unfounded.

O

old.Witchunter

I just wave, or salute if they fought bravely.

Laughing and jumping is a little lame though.

F

-faith-

Originally posted by old.Blood|Prydwen
i wish there was a /giggle :) or atleast a /smile

I hardly see you for you to smile!! You can be sure whenever I rush a defended keep

Blood shots you for 325

runs away in fear

Blood still shoots you for 325

only when I am almost in albion does he take pity on me :D

O

old.EoO_Raphael

U can just use F9 to lock onto any close friendly units... i normaly find its better to remove the albion sitting on someone before trying to rez him though.

T

Thorador

humm a small message soandso laughs at you

is it really that bad? why not just ignore or shrug it off and get on with whatever your doing

O

old.The McScrooges

I love the emotes and I like it when people /laugh and /point. Because if I'm dirt napping, I'm making a report and making sure next target is the /laugher.

And I really don't think SFXMan will be sitting on a target thats within Rez range, as a tactic to prevent Rez happening. Cause thats just an invite for a whole heap of trouble.

Personnally I think we should drop back to allow Rez. In certain situations it is in our advantage to do so. In modern warfare it takes 4 people to deal with a dead body as opposed to 10 for a wounded person.

In game terms, dead guy is a mana drain. Prevents healing to those in combat and helps pick out low mana healers.
And if you want to be really mean you have your flanking scouts shoot him again...

O

old.mattshanes

just go back and kick their ass if they laugh.

O

old.Lianuchta

Sitting on people within rez range is asking for a bolt/arrow in the face ;)

I don't mind laughing at people if they're a pain, like say Biggles. He rezzed killed me twice last night, didn't bother going for the rezzer, which is a kinda dubious tactical decision if you ask me. One time he even started hitting me before my immunity period was over :) So rest assured that when we killed him later I mad sure to jump on his body and laugh at him.

G

Gef

Re: cheating

Originally posted by Dragnen

WTF? Cheating?? just kill him then rez .. dur

S

SFXman

Re: cheating

Originally posted by Dragnen

Jesus christ man, just the other day I died... alone... around FIFTEEN hibs were right around me just waiting for the albs to come rescue me and you call my VERY momentary sitting on the lurikeen cheating?! Think for a moment will you?
ALSO the spot the hibs were at was entirely stupid... it made no sense to stand there besides to annoy the hell out of me and prevent me from being ressed.

S

SFXman

Forgot to say but Doomsblade is another little laughing bitch and he did this to me today in Thidranki today AFTER he "grouped" with an elf caster... they killed me and a alb mage then bow/waved to each other after which Doomsblade laughed at me.
The laughing wasn't so bad but the GROUPING WITH A GODDAMN MEMBER OF ANOTHER REALM!

B

Breathing Helps

Heh I laughed so Hard thx to some Troll named Berzerkerz (I think), Why because he charged straight towards me avoiding all others at the keep door of Thidranki and followed me as I sprinted back and forth.

No disrespect was Intended was just to funny seeing 4 arrows sticking out of him as he died :p

Seriously though I aint keen on laughing at the enemy but fair play to them if they do it, Just means I add to my list of targets ;)

Also credit to Halo & Otus in Thid who Have both Bow'ed and saluted me Before Killing me :clap:

Breathing Helps GM of the Dogs of War
Guerilla Warfare Scout of 21 Season's

O

old.cerebus

Look, sometimes people just like to do mean things to people, it's natural.

Just take it like men and laugh it off.

/Laugh /Cry /Wave - Why does a computer animation piss some people off so much?

L

listepik

and if they do it while they run, theres not even an animation.
just text...

B

BlitheringIdiot

Oh ok, it seems perhaps that I may have over-reacted just slightly. Hence forth i shall ignore the /laugh but make it my duty to personally put an arrow in the chaps head :)

Reading the way some of you use /laugh its not really how i saw it being used, a lot of the time it seems to be meant as harmless fun.

Ill see you on the battlefield... :D

B

blain

My God, this is war not a tea party.

And personally i think Mythic should include the following emotes

/grin - Snide Grin
/slit - Run finger across neck in slitting fashion
/pat - pats both hands on top of helmet, ala Monty Python and the holy grail
/roflmao - Literally translated, should include in depth and complicated animation.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Blain
My God, this is war not a tea party.

And personally i think Mythic should include the following emotes

/grin - Snide Grin
/slit - Run finger across neck in slitting fashion
/pat - pats both hands on top of helmet, ala Monty Python and the holy grail
/roflmao - Literally translated, should include in depth and complicated animation.
Those would all be excellent... /slit would be pretty damn awesome. Then friars should get caster fake spells :D

O

old.The McScrooges

I'm looking forward to the Albion Scout's favourite:

/finger

Or my personal favourite:

/runs like a big girl's blouse from all those nasty people.

I think I have it as a macro somewhere....

B

BlitheringIdiot

Those are all very nice but the most used emote would be, by far:

/Where the hell are all the hibs?

:D :D

In this emote, the player would take the form of a shadowy lurikeen with a big question mark on their head. I dont know what mythic are playing at, this should have been in the last patch...

F

frols

"My God, this is war not a tea party."

lol this is one of the best lines i have ever heard.

i salute you for that one

S

SFXman

First of all
/finger - would be great as said before.
/moon - Braveheart say anything? Only highlanders may apply.
/peace - a sort of sign for tree-hugging hibbies
/doh - for when you do somethign stupid, hit yourself on the head and play audio file "doh!"
Probably loads more that would be great but too lazy to write and think about them too much...

Originally posted by missing
Those are all very nice but the most used emote would be, by far:

/Where the hell are all the hibs?

:D :D

In this emote, the player would take the form of a shadowy lurikeen with a big question mark on their head. I dont know what mythic are playing at, this should have been in the last patch...
Even better, the character shows the height of a lurikeen with his hands and then shrugs.

K

kr0n

Respect? Whats that? Just laughed at a grp of mids when they died to a mob when I mezzed em all first. Spammed a bit of /laugh too.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Ok at times like that then its completely justifiable, thats damned funny!

Users who are viewing this thread