A few Zerk weapon questions =))

liloe

It's my birthday today!
-->Posted the same on VNboards, but I need as much information as possible =)

Well ok, I'm all new to the zerk playing thing and....surprise surprise....I was chosen to play a Zerker =)

The PL is done, but it's getting to templating now. I play on classic, so that limits my choices ofc, when it comes to weapons.

I know the basics of LA, you hit with both weaps all the time, more LA decreases variance etc. etc.

What I need to know is, in what way weapon speed affects me. Currently I plan to spec hammer and sword, so I can swap out two identical weapons, but with two dmg types. That means I have the CW in my offhand all the time to gain the bonuses from it, but the problem is, that it's a 4.0 speed weapon and there is only one Hammer (the spiked hammer) which is 0.1 faster. Now I heard from all sorts of light tanks, that the speed difference should be a bit bigger, so what do you say.

Remember, that's my first light tank for groups, I have a solo BM, but speed wasn't an issue in Hibernia, it just came naturally that the mainhand was slower =)

Well another thing. My other problem is, that I only see two options for mainhand weapons with that. Either the hammer and sword from Cathal Valley, but I guess they're rather hard to get (and the requirement is a bit strange, is it minimum 4L9 or max? same for the level), or crafted weapons. So if anyone of you knows a good combo with identical (or at least nearly) stats, I'd like some suggestions =)

Now next thing. If I get crafted mainhanders, what's the best proc to put on? Ablative, DD or power drain? The question is: Are we talking about a powerDRAIN or a powerTAP, cause from what I read on the apothecary, it looks more like a powerTAP, which would be utter useless to me as zerk :p
Well ok, thanks in advance for the help :wub:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
-->Posted the same on VNboards, but I need as much information as possible =)

Well ok, I'm all new to the zerk playing thing and....surprise surprise....I was chosen to play a Zerker =)

The PL is done, but it's getting to templating now. I play on classic, so that limits my choices ofc, when it comes to weapons.

I know the basics of LA, you hit with both weaps all the time, more LA decreases variance etc. etc.

What I need to know is, in what way weapon speed affects me. Currently I plan to spec hammer and sword, so I can swap out two identical weapons, but with two dmg types. That means I have the CW in my offhand all the time to gain the bonuses from it, but the problem is, that it's a 4.0 speed weapon and there is only one Hammer (the spiked hammer) which is 0.1 faster. Now I heard from all sorts of light tanks, that the speed difference should be a bit bigger, so what do you say.

Remember, that's my first light tank for groups, I have a solo BM, but speed wasn't an issue in Hibernia, it just came naturally that the mainhand was slower =)

Well another thing. My other problem is, that I only see two options for mainhand weapons with that. Either the hammer and sword from Cathal Valley, but I guess they're rather hard to get (and the requirement is a bit strange, is it minimum 4L9 or max? same for the level), or crafted weapons. So if anyone of you knows a good combo with identical (or at least nearly) stats, I'd like some suggestions =)

Now next thing. If I get crafted mainhanders, what's the best proc to put on? Ablative, DD or power drain? The question is: Are we talking about a powerDRAIN or a powerTAP, cause from what I read on the apothecary, it looks more like a powerTAP, which would be utter useless to me as zerk :p

Hammer and sword??? Noooooooo!!!!!!!! Axe Hammer tbh, but always LA axe is what my 5 year old zerker stayed, even with the presence of battler, it still on variance pwned the sword axe sword hammer spec. Dunno how good the new weaps are in current state, but Old faithful LA axe 4tw tbh

raid

Can't get enough of FH
the benefit of faster LA is based on the fact that slower weapon hits harder (per hit ofc).

actual swing speed is average of your weapon speeds, with 4.0 and 3.0 it would be 3.5. both weapons still hit as hard as they would alone, giving a free haste on mainhand. basically mainhand is still a 4.0 speed weapon damage wise, but hits as fast as 3.5 speed weapon would. this haste is much better than haste buff because haste buffs will decrease your dmg/hit, "LA haste" won't. this also makes offhand do less dmg than it would alone, because it becomes slower.

anyway its just 1 piece of the equation, and i have no idea if toa haste changes it somehow etc... personally i stopped caring about the speeds after toa. in theory its nice if you have faster offhand, but i would rather go with whatever fits template better as long as the weapons are same speed (or mainhand is slower). note: its years since i read and did testing about this, it may have been changed in a patch somehow

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
As far as i can remember the way the "Left Axe haste effect" works is by swinging at the average speed of both weapons combined but with the dps on the main hand of the actual weapon so for example if you main hand was a 4.1 spd and off hand say a 2.6spd axe then your swing speed is (4.1+2.6/2 = 3.35) BUT you still get the full 4.1 dps when your main hand hits.

This is why its called the "haste effect" as your slow main hander is actually hitting faster but without a loss to its dps. This ofc works only when your left axe is faster than the main hand. On most TOA servers the std setup is 4.3 spd champ weapon main hand and 4.1 malice off hand left axe meaning that theres hardly any "haste" in effect but with new celerity charges and haste pots the swing speed can be significantly quickened.

For grp rvr then having a composite 51 in sword/axe/hammer and an ACTUAL 50 in left axe is a nice setup while ALWAYS using left axe styles.

I have no idea about weapons on a classic server as i dont play on them but if your keeping dual main hand spec i doubt you will see any advantage at all to your "haste effect" with a 4.0 spd champ left axe though.

*EDIT* lol xposted with raid... basically teh same thing :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
You have some weapon speed calcs like this one:
http://www.classesofcamelot.com/Articles.asp?id=26

However, i've read that they aren't 100% correct. They don't calculate the final swing speed right if the offhand goes under the 1.5 spd cap.

Say that you have 20% haste, 10% melee spd and 250 quick. A 3.3 spd weapon will then hit cap spd.
Basically, that's the fastest your offhand should be with those stats. Any faster offhand wont increase your total swingspeed any further, even though the weapon speed calc will, because the offhand has already capped.

Example: 4.3 spd mainhand with a 3.3 spd offhand(capped) and the stats above will give you a spd of 1.69 according to the weapon speed calc.
4.3 spd mainhand with a 2.5 spd offhand will give you a spd of 1.52 if you're using the calc, but that's not true. The offhand would be way over cap, so you'd still swing at 1.69.
Well, at least that's what i've read. :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The question is: Are we talking about a powerDRAIN or a powerTAP, cause from what I read on the apothecary, it looks more like a powerTAP, which would be utter useless to me as zerk :p

Sadly, it does not drain power from your enemy. It doesn't even damage your enemy. It only gives you little power and the proc only fires off when you are not on 100% power.

I thought it would be a nice proc versus hybrids relying on power like Valks/Vamps/Maulers but it's pretty much useless against them but it might be good for them.

Tested it by hiting my buff bot on my Infi with proc on in a slasher MP and Infi on full power or not full power.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ahh thanks to you =) That's really a good amount stuff I needed to know =) Rep. flying to you =)

The calc says I will hit at 1.9 without celerity and hardly anything would get it faster, guess I'll have to live with it, if I want to swich out weapons =)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
cl axe main hand and some LotM-thing off hand. and a dwarf ofc. it's all about the looks!

fujjeh

Loyal Freddie
pah, you should skip the 2 dmgtype spec and go 2h all the way ofc for the real dmg :) or go 50/50 spec so your aurora borealis and decaying rage combo hits lieka truck! \o/

Septina

Part of the furniture
pah, you should skip the 2 dmgtype spec and go 2h all the way ofc for the real dmg :) or go 50/50 spec so your aurora borealis and decaying rage combo hits lieka truck! \o/

agree! <3 big fluffeh 2h troll zerk on assist after slams. :D

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Been a while since i played now but, i think that the more u spec in 1 weapon the more ws you get and u hit more often and harder?

anyway i would reccomend 50 axe/hammer/sword and 50la rest parry...oldschool spec? im not sure :p i enjoyed it atleast when i played :)

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
afaik, if you overcap your off hand swing spd, then it start decreases the damage from it. So you want a swing spd which will give 1.50 on the off hand, which then gives around 1.7 spd duel spd.

On my zerk template, im using malice off hand and cathal valley weapon main hand, so then i can change to 2hd for some nice dmg when celerity is up and the main hand has debuffed :D

liloe

It's my birthday today!
On my zerk template, im using malice off hand and cathal valley weapon main hand, so then i can change to 2hd for some nice dmg when celerity is up and the main hand has debuffed :D

Well Classic, so Malice is out of question. I thought about getting Zimmeron+Squib as mainhanders, but I won't have the 5% to-hit bonus from a crafted weapon then :/ On the other hand my initial idea was to use Laby drops ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom