A few words about JK2 to JKA.

R

RSO:Gray

"Right, it has been my dreaded thought for a long time, and that of some people who care about the future of jka as a decent, well thought of online game.

Now all personal bias aside, let’s look at the past and present of jk2, ill make it as short as I can, but it is damn important for all our fun and future in jka.

Jk2 started innocently enough, it wasn’t of course going to be up to scratch in its online activity as say counter-strike is or quake 3 etc, but the hordes of Star wars fans out there gave it a huge numerical advantage. All of us who took it seriously in the way that they wanted there clans to go far in the game and for it to last it out while having fun the whole time, played it how any other game that is popular online should, aiming to increase personal skill and points for there clan in order to gain prestige etc in winning tournaments.

Now I only wish now that this still happens, I despair that jk2 is dead because of the very people who claimed to play properly. We all know of people who hang around on jk2 servers (99 percent of them) with sabers down, crying insults and lamerisms at any who dare play the game how it should, admins kicking, abusing rcon powers over petty ignorance’s and unwillingness of people to bow made a lot of damn good players leave the jk2 scene, and hell I don’t blame them.

Jk2 is dead, its tourneys an invisible spectre of most other online games, it is dead because of what I have said, this whole outlook towards Jedi Knight Academy must change for its sake of surviving as a game to be with the great games online, which it has more than the potential for, if not for the average persons unwillingness to play it like any other game, and care for its continued existence.

The point is JKA. I would hate it more than anything to end up how JK2 ended, and anyone from clans such as 4j to tie, from eo to even rso will know what I am talking about, we must learn from the mistakes made in the first and forget the game degrading aspects such as bowing and sabres down, admins above all *must* change there attitudes and be reminded that there powers are used for players who are cheating, for players who are abusing others verbally no end. Not goddamn it for poor players who refuse to bow, whose reward for playing as any dark side clan would play is kick/ban, it is the star wars universe and I am sorry but people must be more tolerant of all its aspects.

I am not saying this in bias of my clan or anyone else’s, I am saying it for Jedi Knight Academy, which I sincerely hope will make it as a damn fine online game with all the weaknesses from jk2 ironed out, admins who respect that if players want to attack without bowing, its there choice. It is not a cheat, it is not a script, it is playing the game and if the game rules in the manual do not dictate that somehow bowing and laming are kick ban offences, it is not up to the admins to abuse rcon powers over such petty things which led to the ruin of jk2.

To end this lengthily but in my opinion something that just needs to be said for jka's post, my evaluation is that I do not want JKA another dead star wars game simply because the people won’t accept others playing values, and admins run rampant in god mode, rampantly kicking all who violate the "sabre code".

This has been written and posted to all major gsp's on the net, simply because the issue of jka's survival as a game is at hand, and I would hate to see it destroyed in the end due to jk2's weakness which I pray will be viewed by the gsp's admins and who can realise that things need to change in jka when it comes out, in order for it to be a game worthy of attention, let dark side clans act how they act, let players play ffa if they want to play ffa, and make jka a damn good game which has learned of its predecessors mistakes."

This was written by somebody who will remain nameless in RSO: and given to me to post here just to bring his point of view to the Game.net community, I must say I agree with it whole-heartedly and would like to see what others views are on this subject

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom