A few RvR oriented questions from a possible new EU player.

Askr

Fledgling Freddie
Me and a group of friends have been playing on the US servers, but the RvR action leaves much to be wanted, especially on "euro" hours. So after all off us returning to DAoC after aabit off vacation in WoW we started talking about jumping back to our side of the atlantic ocean (we're all from Sweden) and joining the Exclibur/Prydwen community.

So a few simple questions to help us decide what to do ;)
  • How's the RvR action on the cluster say between 17.00 to 23.00 GMT?
  • Or even better when do you have most action, and is it mostly solo, 8v8, zergs or all of the above?
  • Finaly how's the balance at the moment, any dominating or dominated realm?
  • Any other thing that we should know/think about before making our final decisions about moving, realm and all that :)

Thanks in advance for all and any replys. Hope to see you all ingame soon enough :)

/Askla, former Healer of Hrafnin Flygur, Percival.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome , i'll try to answer these as best i can, until someone else with more experience in open RvR can do better [ shouldn't take long ] :p

17:00 and 23:00 is primetime for action here in EU, so lots to kill usually, not too hard to solo, if you avoid main chokepoints like bridges etc 8v8 is still ok and zergs happen every day, it's normal tbh.

In terms of balance, Hib and Alb are superior in PvE and RvR imo... Mids are in need of support even though hibs have underpopulation bonus.

Coming from a hib, i would reccommend you play mid, i may sound like a traitor/charlatan/turncoat , but i believe the mids need a bigger boost in PvE and RvR numbers than hib/alb do. And seeing in your sig you played a healer, it shouldn't be any different for you're playstyle.

Hope you enjoy your stay if you come here, and good luck :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Speedr said:
Welcome , i'll try to answer these as best i can, until someone else with more experience in open RvR can do better [ shouldn't take long ] :p

17:00 and 23:00 is primetime for action here in EU, so lots to kill usually, not too hard to solo, if you avoid main chokepoints like bridges etc 8v8 is still ok and zergs happen every day, it's normal tbh.

In terms of balance, Hib and Alb are superior in PvE and RvR imo... Mids are in need of support even though hibs have underpopulation bonus.

Coming from a hib, i would reccommend you play mid, i may sound like a traitor/charlatan/turncoat , but i believe the mids need a bigger boost in PvE and RvR numbers than hib/alb do. And seeing in your sig you played a healer, it shouldn't be any different for you're playstyle.

Hope you enjoy your stay if you come here, and good luck :)

haha, have you not been in rvr?

Fucking mids are everywhere and zerging everything. every fight in HW been going from 8vs8 to 8vs30.. great fun :p

Edit:

And the cluster is active... in fg wise it goes hib>mid>alb for opted GG's most the time. Though when it Irvr as it is atm it goes mid>hib>alb ...

zerg wise it pretty even with hibs lacking behind most the time.

Solo wise, it depends on the day and area

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
haha, have you not been in rvr?

Fucking mids are everywhere and zerging everything. every fight in HW been going from 8vs8 to 8vs30.. great fun :p

Edit:

And the cluster is active... in fg wise it goes hib>mid>alb for opted GG's most the time. Though when it Irvr as it is atm it goes mid>hib>alb ...

zerg wise it pretty even with hibs lacking behind most the time.

Solo wise, it depends on the day and area

Tehehe, if you fight longer than 5 mins you will get zerged down by bridgecampers. That goes for all realms.

Your statement about GG's I cant agree with either. Boys Dont Cry and the 3-Sorc AoD groupd are in my opinion currently the strongest groups out and they are both Alb.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Tehehe, if you fight longer than 5 mins you will get zerged down by bridgecampers. That goes for all realms.

Your statement about GG's I cant agree with either. Boys Dont Cry and the 3-Sorc AoD groupd are in my opinion currently the strongest groups out and they are both Alb.

have to agree on the BDC part.
they are best guildgroup out atm.
but for PuGs hibs dominating imo. 2nd comes mid with a few fg's and hardly any alb group out.
dunno why ppl saying that alb FGrvr is heavy gimped. PE/AD/BDC kinda prove that an alb FG can be very powerfull in rvr, maybe alb just lacks good players.

Narjhan

Fledgling Freddie
Leaning towards albion right now. We played quite a lot together in midgard and our last project was on the US classics running hibs.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Askr said:
[*]How's the RvR action on the cluster say between 17.00 to 23.00 GMT?

ranging from busy to zergy

Askr said:
[*]Or even better when do you have most action, and is it mostly solo, 8v8, zergs or all of the above?

most action is usually weekends/sunday nights

Askr said:
[*]Finaly how's the balance at the moment, any dominating or dominated realm?

pretty close i'd say, all 3 realms can make grps that are a pain to fight and hard to beat, alb is very specific setup with minor variation possible, hibs n mids have a bit more flexibility.

Askr said:
[*]Any other thing that we should know/think about before making our final decisions about moving, realm and all that :)

not many alb GG's around but at the sametime LOTS of albs, so its hard to recommend a realm tbh.

Askr

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the replys guys :)

As Narjhan already stated we will most likley roll Albs since we all have played alot of Mids already and our last "project" was Hibs on one of the classic US servers.

Though we will run a regular guildgroup (after the level, ml, arti, champ grind :p) and not just be an addition to the "LOTS of albs" category :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Aye JJurra, there are some good ALb groups out, but to be honest there are what, 3alb GG;s?

BDC, AoD and PE

Been alot more opted mids (mainly GG but some pug) and lately hibs been everywhere. But i agree most the groups out at the moment are actually quite poor. Pug groups i been in have been able to beat many of the GG's or very high RR pugs.

And aye bridge campers are annoying.. I got so pissed of last night. first couple groups got 3-4 albs adding every time ruining it, next 3 fights against mids we got multiple mid groups adding (ello Raid and NP adding every fucking fight they saw us having), then Hibs got into it with 2-3fgs adding constantly. Of course they all the GG's/High RR people that go on about fair fights. My group refused to add and had to calm me down on many occasions. Took my frustration out on stealthers that were trying to duo/trio the solo people all the time :p

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
(hello Raid and NP adding every fucking fight they saw us having)

soz for offtopic in this thread, but why mention me specifically considering I didn't hit any of your grp members once the times our grp added. I strongly dislike adding, but when I'm not leading grp its not much else I can do.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
don't blame raid for anything! :p <3

and roll hib or mid, too many albs around. bit annoying to run around forever without finding something to fight :( us albs are free rps though, honest!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Vodkafairy said:
don't blame raid for anything! :p <3

and roll hib or mid, too many albs around. bit annoying to run around forever without finding something to fight :( us albs are free rps though, honest!
feel the same way as hib, dont roll hib - roll mid/alb but tbh not another fotm caster grp :(

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
dont roll mid, tbh there is waay too many mids, id recommend that you roll alb.
as they have the fewest (sp?) groups atm

Corran

Part of the furniture
raid said:
soz for offtopic in this thread, but why mention me specifically considering I didn't hit any of your grp members once the times our grp added. I strongly dislike adding, but when I'm not leading grp its not much else I can do.

Will just pm you :p

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
Your So Full of shit Get over your self and wake up:wanker:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom