A Few Questions

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
After scouting around the many WAR websites and around the FH I am all confuzzled :confused:

I have looked at several screenies and vids and its looks like WAR is the game for me after a few months away from the PC. So, can you kind peeps help meh :)

After watching a podcast on guildes, it wasnt really clear if there was a cap on the size of guildes only that 5 people min is need IIRC to make a guild. Is there a cap?

Looking all over the forums there is a wealth of knowledge already on WAR yet I dont have a clue about about 99.98% of it, where can I read up more of it?

Will the game be similar to WoW? I.e Questing to level up and have careers etc (miner & engineering) etc I have only played WoW in MMO you see.

Subs, whats it likley going to cost anyone know?

Thanks for you help :)

D :worthy:

/Edit - Also, I know the game isnt due out until Oct time IIRC where can I best keep upto date in its progression?

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
ok i'm an insider and i'm only allowed to say stuff thats already released or what's a mystery to myself :) (+ i can gloat about being in, wich is the best part :p )

Guild cap, we have no idea yet. Due to limited amount of players in a beta and a beta is by default a bugfest. The actual guild testing will happen when the guild beta invites come into effect. (released facts and deduction -> aka all those guilds are still waiting)
Also take a look on the yank site of WAR, april podcast is about guilds.

Best and most reliable info is on our (beta)boards but the next best thing is the podcasts and screenies (only things u can take for real). Sorry, the NDA is a killer :touch:. Or u can try finding stuff that is a breach of the NDA, cause yes there are morons doing that and losing their accounts. Thats is if u can find it before they delete/remove it.

As i havent played WoW (hardcore Daoc before) i can't really give a complete answer. But yes u'll have to level up like any other MMORPG.
And carreers well this is what u can choose when creating a char.

Subs, no idea and i doubt Iainc/Requiel will have an answer ready :) Lets hope in the same region as daoc/wow (or lower :p ).

Release date, they keep us in the dark too but y should be smth like fall/winter (and to be an arse myself, what do i care, i'm in beta :p ).

Think i'm safe on the NDA-side with the above, but when they drop it i'll be a waterfall of words and screenies :p

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Well I'm not in beta (but waiting for the guild beta if you see what I mean) and I know this:

The minimum number of people needed to form a guild is the same as the maximum number of people in a group which is 6 not 5.

No idea about caps on guild size but there will be a system that means guilds level about the same speed regardless of size.

It has been 'suggested' that a subs price might be €15 per month but that wasn't taking in to account buying 6 or 12 months at once which always works out cheaper per month.

For info the best website is the official US WAR website: EA Mythic | Warhammer Online. There you can check out all the developer diaries, podcasts, zone overviews, backstory, races, careers and the long backlog of all the newsletters you might have missed.

For discussion you might try Warhammer Alliance which seems to be the best place to see 'official' developer forum posts.

For websites tracking the games progress there are many but my favourites are GameSpot and TenTonHammer. They are very pro WAR like me which is probably why I like them so much.

For the best MMO community you've already found FreddysHouse. :worthy:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thanks for the replies guys :)

The whole crafting thing is being decided from what I can tell (am not in beta btw). The game should be like wow in the sense that you do quests for nice chunks of xp. With DAoC you could just kill mobs if you liked and still xp quite fast.

I imagine you will have a bit of a mixture in this. One thing you may not know is you could technically get from 1-40 via pvp. If you kill an enemy they will be worth experience. In daoc you would get a nice chunk of xp for killing someone. I would think it's slower to xp via pvp though....unless your uber r0x0r!

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
The whole crafting thing is being decided from what I can tell (am not in beta btw). The game should be like wow in the sense that you do quests for nice chunks of xp. With DAoC you could just kill mobs if you liked and still xp quite fast.

I imagine you will have a bit of a mixture in this. One thing you may not know is you could technically get from 1-40 via pvp. If you kill an enemy they will be worth experience. In daoc you would get a nice chunk of xp for killing someone. I would think it's slower to xp via pvp though....unless your uber r0x0r!

Aye, from what I have read you can get in a small groupe and do a mixture of PvE and PvP, so similar to WoW :D

I do enjoy the quests in WoW, but enjoy the PvP and the ranking side of it also :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Aye, from what I have read you can get in a small groupe and do a mixture of PvE and PvP, so similar to WoW :D

I do enjoy the quests in WoW, but enjoy the PvP and the ranking side of it also :)

Yes, but it will no doubt be more like Dark Age of Camelot as that has one of (if not THE) best pvp systems.

This next part is regarding your comment "and the ranking side of it also". I assume you refer to Arena's? Arena's I do not believe will be part of Warhammer, however I'm not a developer so I could be wrong....however I hate the idea of forced combat. Arena's in WoW are too forced, too confined.

With daoc you had bg's for the lower level people to fight in (BG's for people of a certain level limit, highest bracket was 45-49 i believe....lvl 50 is the max lvl in daoc). This is going to be in Warhammer, however the BG's will also be there for the higher level people much like Alterac Valley or Arathi Basin etc.

Daoc had a frontier for all the lvl 50 people to fight in. You could go there at any level, however a lvl 10 trying to run around an area which has lvl 50's means you wont get very far!

This frontier was 3 chunks of land, 1 per realm. Within this piece of land were several keeps and towers etc. The idea was you had to capture these. There was no "capture 5 keeps and win the bG" as it was not a bg, you just logged in, went out and looked for trouble hehe. To put it into wow terms, it's like a never ending BG.

This is something that Warhammer are putting in. In Daoc you could have some huge wars with 100+ people all trying to take a keep while another huge amount of players were trying to defend etc.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, but it will no doubt be more like Dark Age of Camelot as that has one of (if not THE) best pvp systems.

This next part is regarding your comment "and the ranking side of it also". I assume you refer to Arena's? Arena's I do not believe will be part of Warhammer, however I'm not a developer so I could be wrong....however I hate the idea of forced combat. Arena's in WoW are too forced, too confined.

With daoc you had bg's for the lower level people to fight in (BG's for people of a certain level limit, highest bracket was 45-49 i believe....lvl 50 is the max lvl in daoc). This is going to be in Warhammer, however the BG's will also be there for the higher level people much like Alterac Valley or Arathi Basin etc.

Daoc had a frontier for all the lvl 50 people to fight in. You could go there at any level, however a lvl 10 trying to run around an area which has lvl 50's means you wont get very far!

This frontier was 3 chunks of land, 1 per realm. Within this piece of land were several keeps and towers etc. The idea was you had to capture these. There was no "capture 5 keeps and win the bG" as it was not a bg, you just logged in, went out and looked for trouble hehe. To put it into wow terms, it's like a never ending BG.

This is something that Warhammer are putting in. In Daoc you could have some huge wars with 100+ people all trying to take a keep while another huge amount of players were trying to defend etc.

Ive just watched the podcasts on WAR. Its going to be an immense game if they stick to everything they say they are going to do. I like the ideas on smart quests. Ie, if the quest giver wants you to slay X beasts and you already have, youll automatically have it given to you.

The ideas on the PvP's are also very interesting, the tier system sounds cool :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ive just watched the podcasts on WAR. Its going to be an immense game if they stick to everything they say they are going to do. I like the ideas on smart quests. Ie, if the quest giver wants you to slay X beasts and you already have, youll automatically have it given to you.

The ideas on the PvP's are also very interesting, the tier system sounds cool :)

Yeah the bold part is amazing!

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I cant wait, only started researching it a few days ago and I am already hooked :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I cant wait, only started researching it a few days ago and I am already hooked :D

If you order the £60 CE edition from play.com they will send you a special code. (Think we may get them this month, however cannot be sure). The code can be used when the game goes into Open Beta (Open means via invitation only, or via the £60 CE edition. The Open part means journalists can play the game and the NDA is lifted (99% sure about the NDA part).

Only reason I mention this is because I used to associate Open Beta with "oh everyone can join the beta".

You will also get some other stuff but it's best to check the website for more info

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Another question I do have.

With regards to the RvR on the tier systems. Are the Tiers live? Ie the more XP you gain you move onto the next tier? Surley the war effort goes on at the tier you have left? If the balance moves to the opposition, is it upto the people in that area to get it back or can the higher level players drop in?

If you understand what I mean :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
If a high level character goes into a lower level zone and starts beating on people too low for their level then something very wonderful happens....

Google 'Warhammer online' and 'chicken'....

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
i think its a case of the lvl50s could still take over tier5 or what ever containing the main city on their own however if the lower levels in tier1,2,3,4 also control their area this helps in the lvl50 area making it easier for them iirc

btw there are lots of videos on youtube of the different classes too being played so you could read up on the careers first and then double check with youtube to see if u like that specific class... if i do play it i think ill swing towards a runepriest for the moment :D

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
in regards to the open beta that bahumat wasnt 100% sure...

What is Open Beta?: Unlike many traditional "Open Betas" WAR will only be available to a limited number of players (Including Collectors Edition Pre-Orders). Open simply means that the NDA will be lifted allowing testers to freely share their experience with the public.

Fester Addams

Fledgling Freddie
If a high level character goes into a lower level zone and starts beating on people too low for their level then something very wonderful happens....

Google 'Warhammer online' and 'chicken'....

That is just too funny :)

Its sad that you cant tell more about it, I would love to know if the ganker then has chicken stats and HP's making him a real easy kill even for lev 1 chars.

The most amusing thing however is the whining in the comments, "whine whine whine, why should I turn into a chicken if I gank people who do not stand a chance whine whine whine" :)

If now only open beta could hit so I can use my open beta code...
Sigh, people talk about august, well thats better than december atleast.

And sadly conan just went live, I was hoping to get a beta invite in this batch but it seems I missed it again, it would be sweet to leave conan beta and get into WAR beta in the same week... well actually its still possible, the conan beta is still open ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom