A few questions....

Grunta

Fledgling Freddie
These may be covered off else where, but I couldnt see anything....

(1). Where is info on requirements for titles? I am no meglamaniac (well not much) - but would like to know out of interest. Mythic have probably missed the boat with any humourous ones, or any that I could realistically achieve (Most handsome 2 tonne troll, quickest ever death in RvR, masterpiece hinger extra-ordinaire, most number of attempts before a mp (usually chest of course), most inept player in Midgard and the like.....)

(2). As a crafter - do player repairs actually wear items down faster? Is it based on the number of attempts. I believe you cannot player repair epic stuff or artis - but is other stuff's deteriotaion based on the number of repair attempts ?

(3). How does stacking from the new crafter quest work ?

(4). Can you actually get the CL weapon (non maxed) at 40...and why cant you get CL xp until 50 - although the guides say 45......lies - all lies I tell you!!!!

(5). Whats the best place to PL a gimpy alt, assuming you have just 2 accounts.

(6). Whats the best PL char to achieve this (mainly interested in Midgard) - was thinking a BD or Warlock. SM presumably only if PL gimp is a healer due to power pool....

(7). I beilieve Moderngrava in Mid is now the PL paradise of the Universe....just as Skegness is the centre of the Universe for boy racer chavs in souped up Subarus with lovely spoilers you could surf on.....

How does the whole Moderngrava thing work - explored there duoing as (6). above - but couldn't find an area that lept out as a pbae paradise....

(8). Angelina Jollie - will you marry me ?

(9). If I ask any more questions will you (this ones multiple choice)....

(a). Fall asleep

(b). Go mad and appear on CNN having massacred your entire village

(c) Pay me to shut up - 10 ML's, 40 plat or a load of artis should do the trick........

Many thanks as always - Grunta the questioner

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
(1). Where is info on requirements for titles? I am no meglamaniac (well not much) - but would like to know out of interest. Mythic have probably missed the boat with any humourous ones, or any that I could realistically achieve (Most handsome 2 tonne troll, quickest ever death in RvR, masterpiece hinger extra-ordinaire, most number of attempts before a mp (usually chest of course), most inept player in Midgard and the like.....)

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=184380&highlight=title

(2). As a crafter - do player repairs actually wear items down faster? Is it based on the number of attempts. I believe you cannot player repair epic stuff or artis - but is other stuff's deteriotaion based on the number of repair attempts ?

It depends on the con of the item at time of repair, not on the number of times repaired as such. There is optimal times to repair. I believe off-hand 91% con is the optimal to keep the item "alive" the longest. But, with weapons and armour, you'll want to repair much earlier than that or you're gimping yourself quite significantly.

Don't understand the question.

(4). Can you actually get the CL weapon (non maxed) at 40...and why cant you get CL xp until 50 - although the guides say 45......lies - all lies I tell you!!!!

No you can't I'm afraid. You can't get CL xp until 50 because Zippy from Rainbow has no genitals.

(5). Whats the best place to PL a gimpy alt, assuming you have just 2 accounts.

Depends what chars you have and which realm you are on, be more specific.

(6). Whats the best PL char to achieve this (mainly interested in Midgard) - was thinking a BD or Warlock. SM presumably only if PL gimp is a healer due to power pool....

I'm not a mid so I'm not sure tbh.

(7). I beilieve Moderngrava in Mid is now the PL paradise of the Universe....just as Skegness is the centre of the Universe for boy racer chavs in souped up Subarus with lovely spoilers you could surf on.....

How does the whole Moderngrava thing work - explored there duoing as (6). above - but couldn't find an area that lept out as a pbae paradise....

Enough about skillgard!!

Sure I will.

(a). Fall asleep

(c) Pay me to shut up - 10 ML's, 40 plat or a load of artis should do the trick........

That depends what underwear you have on of course.

Many thanks as always - Grunta the questioner

No problem.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Grunta said:
It makes no difference whether a player repairs your kit or whether you go to a smith as far as durabilty loss is concerned. Everytime you repair something that can lose durability (i.e. not arties, champ weapons or the new epic armour), you lose an amount of durability equal to the con repaired+1%.
Therefore many small repairs will drop the durability faster than a couple of big repairs. 99% and MP items start with a durability higher than 100% so you may not see any visible drop the first few times that you repair however it does still drop.

This is why you should never repair jewellery that doesn't have +skills on it (as it never stops working), repair jewellery with +skills on it only at 70% con and repair armour and weapons at around 96-97% (as their effective AF/DPS is directly linked to their con you don't want it to go too low but you shouldn't repair it every time it hits 99% either).

Baron

Fledgling Freddie

Don't understand the question.

Prolly to do with the bottles and barrels
couldn't find the link tho

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Out of curiousity, Grunta the guy from Enhar who stopped playin sometime ago, that use to be "partnered" with some bird who also played in Enhar?
Who also has an MP chain hauberk of mine ? :D

Grunta

Fledgling Freddie
Many thanks for all your pearls of wisdom kindly folk :worthy:

Chretien - good to see you still a crafting guru. I don't think we ever played much - I used to be Nikademus of the Knights Templars. My brother played briefly as Caerdhros - he was a real real crafting geek (worked out probabilities of mps mathmatically etc if I recall :eek7: )

Eggy - thanks ever so much for all your help, but

Sure I will.

Afraid I am now all loved up - so I may have to pass for the few months before we get bored of each other and split up :sex:

(a). Fall asleep

That depends what underwear you have on of course.

Im an accountant in rl - so its the biege Y fronts with yellow ribbing of course!

Ixnay - it certainly is my old friend. I didn't realise you still played - thought you too left a while back. I remember many a drunken night :drink: whingeing about how rubbish I was RvRing and you trying to throw me a few scraps from your rp farming with Ixnay (or perhaps it was just the once - I was drunk after all)

Apologies for the belated thanks - been out of the daoc world for a while

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
and the title "masterpiece hinger extra-ordinaire" is taken

*points to Roalith*

I wouldn't bring it up if i were you... :)

Grunta

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Roalith - I am sure my little Cobolt hinge making factory has built enough mp hinges to make a bridge direct from Jordheim to Camelot - so we can finally kill all you tin cans once and for all :twak:

I have my scissors ready for the celebrity rope cutting ceremony (just need to get that lazy arsed King of his throne) - and my extra larger tin opener ready in my back pocket.....

Speaking of crafting obsessions - does that mad German Hendrick still play? I don't suppose Aeth, Cirwan, Tanya etc play any more ?

Grunta

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry - I am terrible with names and memory - all that headbanging and glue sniffing !!!!

I also mean't Lamont, Darkbain (though I think he stopped playing years ago), Kaiser, Eowen, Myst, Tabbi, Kyra or anyone else I used to hunt with that my feeble mind can't remember :touch: .

If there is any of you left - send me a message. I would like to see how lifes treating you. I am a bit of a techy phobic given my old age - so dont use messenger and the like....

I regret not going to that Knight Templar get together a while back in London.

Its funny - one of those bizarre moments - I was at my cousins wedding. Her mother is a solicitor - so it was at the law society in London. I nipped outside for a cigarette and a taxi pulled up. Some guy in a kilt got out and said "Knights Templar Sir?"

Was one of those bizarre moments that this rich tapestry of life throws you from time to time......

He was just asking for directions to the pub round the corner which had some sort of Scottish thingy going on. Eeeps - that brings back memories of Lamonts gangly legs :puke:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Grunta said:
Speaking of crafting obsessions - does that mad German Hendrick still play? I don't suppose Aeth, Cirwan, Tanya etc play any more ?
Sorry - I am terrible with names and memory - all that headbanging and glue sniffing !!!!
I also mean't Lamont, Darkbain (though I think he stopped playing years ago), Kaiser, Eowen, Myst, Tabbi, Kyra or anyone else I used to hunt with that my feeble mind can't remember :touch: .

If there is any of you left - send me a message. I would like to see how lifes treating you. I am a bit of a techy phobic given my old age - so dont use messenger and the like....

I regret not going to that Knight Templar get together a while back in London.

Its funny - one of those bizarre moments - I was at my cousins wedding. Her mother is a solicitor - so it was at the law society in London. I nipped outside for a cigarette and a taxi pulled up. Some guy in a kilt got out and said "Knights Templar Sir?"

Was one of those bizarre moments that this rich tapestry of life throws you from time to time......

He was just asking for directions to the pub round the corner which had some sort of Scottish thingy going on. Eeeps - that brings back memories of Lamonts gangly legs :puke:

I see Cirwan around from time to time but he's usually /anon and solo, Lamont is still playing although I think he spends most of his time on alts and is now in the Dragon Senate I believe. Kyra recently returned to the Dragon Senate and there was much rejoicing! The others left for EQ2 or WoW a while back. I remember Caerdhros Whitestaff as well, he had a really good guild stats site as I recall and I certainly remember Nikademus. Good to see some old-timers coming back (well apart from Roalith obviously...)

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
NIKA!!!

Firstly, they ain't gangly! :twak:

Secondly, Chretien is going senile (official diagnosis - I have sources) Never been in Dragon Senate (though it's GRRRREAT to hear Kyra is back!) but have just recently teamed up with Phoenix Legion.. I heard they had found some of Laird's old whisky stocks, and thought I'd help them do the inventory...

Thirdly... Hendrick, Myste and Tanya left ages ago matey for that beast known as 'WOW'. Aeth & Eowen left ages ago for that beast known as 'Real-life'.

Finally... you want to meet up with all the old crowd? (well some of em anyway...) Keep this weekend free, specifically Saturday night, and get yer arse to the Knights Templar boards. Me, Aeth and Hendrick and Chretien will be there for sure, and I'm sure a lot of other names you would remember.

I may even buy you a beer.. :eek6:

Grunta

Fledgling Freddie
Dear both - thank you mateys. Good to remenise (even better to be able to spell)! A man of my advanced years (in my 30s now) has only these distant memories to keep him sane in his last passing years.

As for a re-union....if I knew you were really buying the beers Lamont - I would be there in a jiffy - but I know what you Scots men are like. You are worse than the dorfs I now spend my time with!

I will try my best to come - son, travel and the joys of real life allowing.......

If not - let me know when the next one is. I will sell my body to get there (may take a few years self pimping though - so give me plenty of notice)

I can't remember my big bruv having a webbie - but he is a sad (but rich - the git) computer geek....so it is quite plausible.

As for Cirwan - tell that tone deaf karaoke queen to stop singing! That's the reason why I disguised myself as a troll and left in the first place.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom