a few questions

T

tris-

1. is there a subscription charge?
2. how much is it? (if there is one)
3. if you have played daoc before and are now playing this, how does it compare?
4. what is the addictive factor?
5. is it repetetive?

that is all.

M

MrBee

1. yes
2. £8.45 a month
3. ive gone back to playin daoc
4. not alot atm
5. kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill

theres not alot to the world atm, nothing to do except kill monsters, go on quests to kill monsters and enter vaults to kill monsters...you get the picture ;p

oh theres crafting...but that requires you to kill monsters :)

G

GDW

Subscription is about £8.50 per month, first month is free

Never played DAOC only AO which I loved...but too early to tell with AC" as its in very early stages.

I think most MMORPHS are repetitive to a great extent but they dont have to be

/bah he beat me too it:(

G

granny

1. & 2. already answered.

3. Yeah, I got bored with DaoC after about 3 months (?) and seriously fed up with the poor management of the Euro DaoC. AC2 is new so the content is new, the devs are going to be adding new content every month (which they've managed to do so far... ok it's only been 1 month but it's a damn fine start) and there's no restrictions on which servers you play on so I'm playing on the US servers :)

4. Loads, asides from the usual addiction of leveling there's crafting (which is due some major tweakage but I suspect that's coming soon), a nice quest system with (hopefully) constantly evolving content and an overall storyline that is about 100000 times more engaging than DaoC's, a very nice Allegiance (guild) system that now allows for cross-server allegiances & allegiance chat (cool idea) and an absolutely stunning graphics engine that's going to still have notches on the detail setting to graduate too in a few years time when we're finally all running machine capable of handlin the highest settings :)

5. No more so than any other MMORPG, see my answer to the previous question for a nice range of things to keep it interesting. The key though is gonna be regular new content which remains to be seen if the devs manage that, but after the success of the December patch it's looking pretty likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom