A Feast for Crows: George R.R.Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
For those George R.R.Martin fans out there this is interesting.

A Feast for Crows is complete. Or in the words of the author, Sort of*

for more info check out the authors website (and laugh at his beard!)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I've got A Game of Thrones on my bookshelf and really must read it someday. That guy seems awesome, and he collects figurines of Knights!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
shame its not paperbacked for ages until september (according to amazon :( )

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
paperbacks are for wusses ;)

1500 page hard back for me, i'll read it one handed while cycling to work :p

D

Dalerone

Yeah but I guess the question is since he now says the series is going to go to 7 books, does he actually finish writing it or does his job as the Gorton's Fisherman prohibit him?

Dalerone
http://www.fantasybookspot.com

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
shame its not paperbacked for ages until september (according to amazon :( )

Update from Bantam is November for the hardback, long wait for paperback then :(

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Suppose the only hope is the second part of it is released shortly after and not a year + after, although going on the delays with this first part well...

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't trust anything written on Amazon, the original release date was two years ago :p

I've stopped waiting for it, I only hope it'll be as good as the previous books.

If you're looking for a something to fill the gap, try the Malazan Book of the fallen series. It can be confusing at the start, but stick with it!

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
I wouldn't trust anything written on Amazon, the original release date was two years ago :p

I've stopped waiting for it, I only hope it'll be as good as the previous books.

If you're looking for a something to fill the gap, try the Malazan Book of the fallen series. It can be confusing at the start, but stick with it!

Have to agree, I just got the 5 current novels as a wedding present a couple of weeks ago and I'm currently reading the 4th novel.

Very, very good, different from "A Song of Ice and Fire" in that magic, gods, demons etc are very much to the fore, but similiar in its grittyness and complex intertwined plots.

First fantasy novel I've read in years that I've had to go back and read again just to follow whats going on.

Meaty goodness ;)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Suppose I better start rereading the others now :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Escape said:

hehe the first one confused the hell out of me but love the rest too and just waiting for more :D

started reading The Black Company series and so got many many books on my "to buy" list :D

SilverHood

FH is my second home
It's a good enough book, advances the plot quite a bit...

but it only tells the tale of half the characters... I was so looking forward to following Tyrion :/

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
It's been so long, I've forgotten about this!

The comments on amazon aren't so good, guess I'll have to read it myself and find out!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I read the first book (Game of Thrones) and its absolutely fantastic. I cannot for the life of me find the others in any bookshops over here though. I've only managed to find a Feast for Crows. I'm annoyed. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom