T

Therion

I whant to be a game designer

I got tons of gooooood ides

my brain is about to explode

:uhoh:

S

SFXman

lol hehe... like what? Any really cool ones? :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

brain.gif

Quick! Grab the children and run for the hills before it explodes!!

F

Flimgoblin

what you stuck doing at the moment blacktorn?

(Incidentally I've been told by many people that the computer games industry is for mugs.. then again this was back in the days when you could double your salary for half the work by moving to new media...)

I wanted to get into games... never put enough effort into it when I was applyin for jobs, friend got me a job at the place he was working and I'm stuck in the evil land of New Media.

O

old.tRoG

yes, give us all your ideas so i can patent them and sell them all to some super giant company for millions and millions of pounds!

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.tRoG
yes, give us all your ideas so i can patent them and sell them all to some super giant company for millions and millions of pounds!

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha ;)

/basks in tRoG's evilness
Har har... nice idea. PM me your ideas Blackthorn, I shall forward them to EA. ;)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by sickofit...
PM me your ideas Blackthorn, I shall forward them to EA. ;)
"I created these myself and I deserve all credit." As the opening of your forwarding :)

O

old.tRoG

sorry, but atari have already beaten you to that idea.

screen.jpg

D

Damon_D

Bahhh you will never make it SFXman, if you keep thinking that small ,make it MMO-PONG , 2000+ peopel playing the same pong game at the same time, using 500+ ball's , now thats a game that will make a blind herring cry

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Damon has a point there... there should be a MMOpong-PvP version, too. Using the latest version of the Unreal Warfare engine etc.
Weeeee... :m00: - Splatterball

Gawds... my head is so filled with ideas...
IT'S GONNA EXPLODE! MOMMMMMIEE!!

B

Blood

Originally posted by sickofit...
Damon has a point there... there should be a MMOpong-PvP version, too. Using the latest version of the Unreal Warfare engine etc.
Weeeee... :m00: - Splatterball

Gawds... my head is so filled with ideas...
IT'S GONNA EXPLODE! MOMMMMMIEE!!

It already exists!!!

http://spil.tv2.dk/actionspil/#pong (scroll down to where it says Ping Pong and press the image

S

Spudgie

Ask kids in primary school what they want to be -

When I was at school - Fireman, Astronaut, Train Driver, Policeman, Stuntman

Now its - Games Designer, E-Commerce Millionaire, Sony Games Tester

S

SFXman

Spudgie... hehe... train driver, never thought of that one when I was a kid in school. Funny :)
Now it is more like "/emote shrugs".

O

old.job

I've got a great idea for an online game...FORUM WARS, a game set in the present day with no role playing or fantasy elements .

It will be a PVP format where players earn xp by posting, cutting, humorous flames or links to cool webpages, any player following the link and staying there for more than 5mins will be deemed mezzed.

Players will be able to charm icons and use them to annoy and frustrate other players .

Death will be caused by another player proving that your original post is either:..utterly incorrect...completely irrelevant...totally unfunny.. or has been answered more than ten times before.

A level 40 player would for instance be able to one shot kill a newbie's post, with a withering response to his opinion on the latest nerf on his player, by suggesting he learns to play the character before showing his face on the boards again.
..you get the drift.

I hereby award SFXMAN an honoury level 50 for the most days played :):):):):):):)

I await my ganking!

Z

Zebarmy

SFXman, I thought you'd be more likely when asked what you want to be, to answer: Forum Diety and Board Whore :p

:)

Zebby

S

starblade

It's hard work, long hours, you're never sure if it is good enough and there are A LOT of misunderstandings about game design :rolleyes:

If you can take all that, its great fun ;)
Never stop dreaming since one day, they may come true.

O

old.job

Job casts a response...girl trying to evade sickofit's unwanted attention by pretending to be a beach tree.

or by pretending to actually be in Australia.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

She is in Australia - why do you think she is upside down? Poor woman is holding on to the ground for dear life...

O

old.job

Quote from girl.. "my favourite sexual position with sick.....when he's not there!"

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Yeah.. right... now my Missus will think I have a mistress... thanks a lot, you dog... ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Enough is enough! I decree:
ban.jpg

Veni, vidi, vici :)

O

old.Tohtori

People want to design games? People want to get high paid in the glorious and wonderful world of games? It's soooo easy to play games all day and make them...oh yes..truly...short days, loads of pay, easy work because you -only- have to sit by the computer and move the mouse. Designing games? YEs, so easy....i have an idea of a shooter and i think i'll make it....what? you need atleast 20 pages of written text and scetches to even get a glimpse towards your design? Ooh...i thought one line like "Mega Killer Turbotron 5000 -BAF code evolved" would be enough. What?? I have to actually know coding or how to make graphics into a game to be a designer??

*turns the sarcasm sign off and walks back to work on the game*

Yes i work in a gamehouse. Glory glory :rolleyes:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Tohotori.. you bitter, bitter man...

Tell us at least what yer doing in the games design sector...
and janitor doesn't count;)

O

old.Tohtori

Actually a graphics artist, aka make you see the things on the screen :p

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Fingoniel
then again this was back in the days when you could double your salary for half the work by moving to new media...)

Bloody hell, which bit of new media you working in? The publishing section of it pays bugger all!

I got a £3,000 pay rise to move into the world of new media and I still earn less than 20k ;-)

Maybe I'm working in the wrong bit of new media.:eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom