a disturbing thing happened to me

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, I was sleeping last night, and this morning when I awoke, I couldn't move a muscle. I was fully aware of lying face down into my pillow, and still sort of being asleep. I couldn't move anythin at all. A few moments later, and my body 'woke up'. Then I was fine.

What the hell was that about then?

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
im not a neuroscientist or anatomist so i cant really help you there Tom :( but i know for sure when you cut the bloodflow from a muscle you wont be able to move it < usually happens if you sleep with your arm under the pillow >

Freaky i say.

Will

/bin/su
Nah, my girlfriend used to get that. Your eyes are open and you brain is switched on, but you are still actually asleep.

Try it when you are in the middle of a nightmare, you open your eyes and it's still there. Close them again, and its still there. Scarey shit.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
That was the alien mind-control device not shutting down properly. You were still in the process of being programmed when you woke up. I think the CIA were running behind schedule lastnight and the aliens had to cram their commands in at the last minute, happens sometimes.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Sleep paralysis innit? I used to think my mind was waking up before my body but in fact I've figured out that I'm still asleep while I think I'm paralysed by observing details around the room which change when I wake up properly. Still pretty scary though, always a feeling of repressed panic that I'm smothering or whatever. Can't even enjoy a good nights sleep anymore :(

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Used to happen to me some time ago. What worked for me was to just relax and not panic about not being able to move. You should come around after a bit :p

Moved on from that now, all I have now when I sleep are nightmares, but I enjoy them, heh.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I saw a TV documentary (a channel 4 one, so not a bad one) that described the same kind of thing. People were claiming that they would wake up in the middle of the night, with a severe chest pain and being unable to move, and blamed in on GHOSTS! The docu then went on to show a man who would wake up in the middle of the night and actually get up and run about the room, shouting, throwing things about, and would wake up to claim he was posessed by a caveman!
The situation was repeated in hospital - the guy was hooked up to all sorts of equipment and left alone - he *did* wake up in the middle of the night, and looked as though he'd woken up at a Steps concert or something. (i can only imagine such a horror :D) He just lay there eyes wide open, darting about the place etc, looking pretty scared.
He had (past tense there?) a wife too, who had to barricade herself in a room to stop him from beating her up.
Will's explanation is probably along the right lines. Some bits are awake, the others aren't.

peanut

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't the walking round the room and stuff classed as sleep-walking???...

The sleep paralysis thing sounds like some kind of out of body experience???

Will

/bin/su
It's like the opposite of sleep-walking, though the same idea at heart.

Chilly

Balls of steel
the effect is rather common actually, not with younger peopel for some reason. Its nowt to do with ghosts or the cia, sadly. When you are dreaming your brain, quite rightly, paralyses the body so that dreams cannot manifest them selves. Sometimes theres a bit of a disparity between yet noggin wakin up and your body being 'released' from sleep paralysis. Its just a safety measure your subconcious take while asleep.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Last year me and Samm went to Scotland to see about getting married.

The first night in the cottage I attacked her in my sleep, I was looking at her face and I could see the terror in her eyes but I couldn't stop myself, this has happened a few times, I can here her screaming but I cannot stop myself from doing it. Poor girl must hate sleeping with me :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Different bits of your brain can wake up at different times yeh. I read it in some textbook years ago. Happens to me sometimes. I remember what it is when it happens now and just wait for the effect to wear off or go back to sleep :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
This happens to me but it's usually when I wake up and see who I slept with the night before.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Done lots of A class drugs before? This can happen to you if you have done.

Will

/bin/su
Doomy said:
Done lots of A class drugs before? This can happen to you if you have done.
I love comments like this...drugs are bad, m'kay...without giving any details.

Funnily enough, I have taken plenty, and I don't have any problems like this. My girlfriend has never touched class A's*, and she has had the problem I mentioned since childhood.

*Except when I've asked her to pass them over.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Will said:
I love comments like this...drugs are bad, m'kay...without giving any details.

I don't think he was saying drugs are bad at all. Just pointing it out.

leggy said:
This happens to me but it's usually when I wake up and see who I slept with the night before.

Best post ever. The forum can only go downhill from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom