A DAoC school project

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
I am studying at a gamedesigners school and I have an upcomming project that I will do about DAoC.

in short the project will be a TCG (trading card game; such as magic the gathering and WoW TCG and many others).

what i need help with is grafic artists who are good at drawing and such for concept arts to be on the actual cards.

Is anyone intrested in helping out? feel free to drop me a pm!

incase mythic likes the idea, you will ofcourse get credit for your work!

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
mmmhhhmm magic , still miss playing that game , sorry cant draw , figured it do for bumpage thou :)

joap

Fledgling Freddie
I like to think i have some artistic talent. Some say i draw better than i play daoc, here is a drawing i did of Dwera:
Code:
      O      
    --|--   
      |      
     /\      
    /  \
Do i get the job?

/joking

Hope you get someone to help you out Dwera :drink:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I take it you're not just after screenshots of characters? ;) Getting people to draw then could be a bit of a mission...

In fact, I haven't tested the scanner on my printer yet so might give it a go :D pm me to remind me if it aint done in 2 days.

p.s. I'm not a good drawer :p

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
I take it you're not just after screenshots of characters? ;) Getting people to draw then could be a bit of a mission...

In fact, I haven't tested the scanner on my printer yet so might give it a go :D pm me to remind me if it aint done in 2 days.

p.s. I'm not a good drawer :p

yeah, its a grafics artist im looking for.. someone who can draw concept art..

Gamah

Banned
I knocked up something..let me know what you think.

daocgv3.jpg

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, ive been looking for a way to find Farien again.. not sure if he got the time or want to do this though..

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I am studying at a gamedesigners school and I have an upcomming project that I will do about DAoC.

in short the project will be a TCG (trading card game; such as magic the gathering and WoW TCG and many others).

what i need help with is grafic artists who are good at drawing and such for concept arts to be on the actual cards.

Is anyone intrested in helping out? feel free to drop me a pm!

incase mythic likes the idea, you will ofcourse get credit for your work!

best you check with mythic for copyright, even though its a scholl project :(

:m00:

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
the copyright issue is there if i want to publish it for money or publish it at all.

and i intend on taking contact with mythic first.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
As a professional game designer myself, good luck with the card trading game. Maybe try offering incentives to anyone if your in need of art, as i cant see the time and effort needed to create 'however' many distinct cards being done out of the goodness of somones heart unless they are looking for free publicity.

If you contact mythic and explain the project you may be able to get away with screen grabs resized and layered onto cards with their permission.

As for design, Ive found with things like magic (the card game) that the difficulty lies in balance rather than the basic set of rules that govern the game structure, as you have to think of all connotations and combinations of cards being played. One set of cards played in a certain order may have massive knock on issues that compound a certain bonus which on its own may seem like a good value.

If you have any questions about game design send me a PM and ill see if i can provide any useful help.

Edit: i have little experience in TCG's but may be able to offer some pointers if needed.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
As a professional game designer myself, good luck with the card trading game. Maybe try offering incentives to anyone if your in need of art, as i cant see the time and effort needed to create 'however' many distinct cards being done out of the goodness of somones heart unless they are looking for free publicity.

If you contact mythic and explain the project you may be able to get away with screen grabs resized and layered onto cards with their permission.

As for design, Ive found with things like magic (the card game) that the difficulty lies in balance rather than the basic set of rules that govern the game structure, as you have to think of all connotations and combinations of cards being played. One set of cards played in a certain order may have massive knock on issues that compound a certain bonus which on its own may seem like a good value.

If you have any questions about game design send me a PM and ill see if i can provide any useful help.

Edit: i have little experience in TCG's but may be able to offer some pointers if needed.

I study at an education that is about creating games for other purpouses and my teacher is a gamedesigner aswell.. but i will try to run my project through diffarent channels and look forward to a pm in the future. ;)

currantly this project is in idea and concept stage, currantly trying to work out some core game mechanics.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i would recomend before you do any graphical work or get anyone involved in the graphics that you do all the slog work first.

IE decide what pictures you want first before getting them done, worst thing to happen is that you do aload of art work either scanned images or free hand and then find out you dont use it.

So best to use placeholder art first then get all the gubbings sorted THEN do the artwork.

Will save you much more time in the future.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
aye, that is what i plan to do.. some sketchy things first, but as artwork may take a while to produce, i want to be out in good time.

Im currantly not sure of a major mechanic..

either its a tcg game, á la magic.

or a premade card deck for each "playable class" or "group" or "playstyle"

Either way, the card needs artwork on them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom