A cheat???

I

Insane

I was fiddling about (as you normally do) with the config files for BattleField 1942 lately and decided to mess about with display settings, So I set the detail to "ultra low" and looked at the setviewdistance number..

decided 100 was a bit too low, so cranked it up to 1000 just for a laugh (thinking the engine would refuse to render farther than 100)

Boy was I wrong :eek6:

Image linked here (dawm you Sysadmins for disabling images!!!!)

Yes, that IS the Axis carrier group sitting off Midway island on Multiplayer :D

Cheat?

(imo id say Yes it is, but it cripples your machine in games)

L

Louster

This has been known about since the demo or something. I tried setting it to 2000 last night on Gazala or whatever it's called - my computer rendered two frames in roughly 40 seconds before the game crashed.

U

Ukle

Not really a cheat

Someone posted about altering the view distance to 400 in the demo, and it was perfect setting for Wake as can see the whole island when on it. The fog is all well and good for machines that cant handle large views but it leads to some very very silly situations, for example -

Midway, Piloting Battleship your view distance at default is only about 2 battleship lengths. So running around in the 'fog' and then stumble on other battleship it then becomes a game of who can press fire button fastest rather than any tactics as you are almost next to each other.

Really the view distance should be allowed to vary between maps so that maps like Berlin/Stalingrad can have it set to near the default while maps like Midway can be near 1000. Although does mean the people with machines that can operate better have the upper hand.

Reminds me though need to alter my view distance to be 400 again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom