A car is born!

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
How many of you have watched this series with Mark Evans? Had the shock of my life - or one of - when I heard how much he had spent doing up an E Type Jag.

Go on have a guess. How much to buy a wrecked E Type Jag and do it up? How much did he spend? First one to come close by £5000 gets a rep point.

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
No rep point yet but one of you is awfully close. Ok Megadave gets it - 86k!

Where is the sense of it? How much would he be able to sell it for - certainly not 86K.

I thought about 25-30k tops - 86K! Bloody hell! Fook doing up old cars...

How do you give a rep point anyways?

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I've seen all these series, the Chopper (Helicopter) is born series was quite funny, especially as he failed to get the pilots licence for it, so decided to build a plane in the next series.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
No rep point yet but one of you is awfully close. Ok Megadave gets it - 86k!

Where is the sense of it? How much would he be able to sell it for - certainly not 86K.

I thought about 25-30k tops - 86K! Bloody hell! Fook doing up old cars...

How do you give a rep point anyways?

If you look under the persons name you should see some scales. It may be different depending on what UI you're using, however hover over the buttons and one will allow you to add Rep.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I once spent £11 on a new bulb for my motorbike

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
If you look under the persons name you should see some scales. It may be different depending on what UI you're using, however hover over the buttons and one will allow you to add Rep.

Ok - rep added. Score 1 for Megadave.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Wrecks to Riches on discovery turbo is my fav, some of those re-vamped old muscle cars are <3

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Wrecks to Riches on discovery turbo is my fav, some of those re-vamped old muscle cars are <3

Well I thought that was an odd way to make money. That is the program where they auction em off ain't it? They keep tabs on the repair costs and fit amazing engines etc. Normally around 40-60k dollars. They manage to make some profit at times. But that E Type would have cost around $126000 with the original engine too I think. When you think that doesn't take into account his own labour costs it is quite horrific. Makes me wonder how much other projects have cost him such as the time he restored an MG. Will try and find out how much in fact as it will be quite interesting - to me anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom