A bit of assistance, please?

ColbyWolf

Fledgling Freddie
Hello!

I come to this forum with a bit of an odd request.

Would anyone please beable to direct me to some of the old threads in this forum, or provide me with information about, a specific event? Said event took place.. oh.. I'd venture within the last year to year and a half, but I am not positive...

It involved the hard, heavy crashing of at least one of the servers (But I think it was all of them...?) and a long, painful amount of downtime (over a week?)... the issue qas caused by some bit of misplaced, or bugged information on one person's character (?) and it ended up spreading (?)... when the serverscame back up, many peopel were missing items and eqipment, and rather then efficiently restoring them, peopel were being given a 'random grab bag' draw in the hope that they would get an item that could MAYBE replace the one they lost, though there was nothing to limit it to, say, a specific armour type or slot. ...I belive they, after a day or two, offered of monetary compensation OR a random draw... neither of which was truely satisfactory... if I recall correctly. THe downtime was also reimbused to the players, but many were still not content for varried reasons.

That's about the extent of what I remember.. and I've tried googling about on the site, but can't find what I"m looking for.

I'll also happily take information about other server issue, and wats GOA has botched thigns up..

My purpose for this is in part to satisfy personal curosity... expand my point of view... and, though I hate to put it this way, show to another forum for another MMO I play and tell them to stop whining about the fact that the servers went down for 2 hours today after they patched. never mind that it was a network issues, and not the servers... *shakes head*

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

/curtsey and off to bed with me...

*peeps left... peeps right.. then left again..*
:touch: :touch: :touch:
... sorry.. couldn't resist! ^-^;;

ColbyWolf

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you both very much :)

/bow

*goes off to root in information happily*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom