a bard question

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
clerics and healers get powerpool from pie, druids from empathy (i think), but what do bards get there powerpool from? empathy or charisma?

if empathy then what does charisma do for bards?
if charisma then what does empathy do for bards?

HaaiP

Fledgling Freddie
Bards power pool is based on charisma, empathy does nothing at all. Yes I know emp is still a rising stat for bards but Mythic doesnt want to change it even after tl's asking for it over and over.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
HaaiP said:
Bards power pool is based on charisma, empathy does nothing at all. Yes I know emp is still a rising stat for bards but Mythic doesnt want to change it even after tl's asking for it over and over.

If i recall you'll find empathy has a very important role! It dictates the dmg of the bard dd!

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
As far as i know charisma is the stat that increases your DD dmg and not empathy

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
sneakies said:
If i recall you'll find empathy has a very important role! It dictates the dmg of the bard dd!

Afaik all references/mechanics involving bards and empathy where removed in a patch quite a while ago now. Charisma is all that matters in that respect now.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
why con instead of charisma?

I think the question is more why 5dex instead of 10 charisma, con=hits usefull to everyone esp bards who tend to be early targets and rely on rf armour.

I would be tempted with 10 con/dex/char.

But I guess Elkies logic is that a tiny bit of extra shout dmg and power pool isnt as good as marginally improved casting speed. Given the race options for bards I guess they have a hard time capping their cast speed, so 10 con/15dex may be a strong choice.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
I think the question is more why 5dex instead of 10 charisma, con=hits usefull to everyone esp bards who tend to be early targets and rely on rf armour.

I would be tempted with 10 con/dex/char.

But I guess Elkies logic is that a tiny bit of extra shout dmg and power pool isnt as good as marginally improved casting speed. Given the race options for bards I guess they have a hard time capping their cast speed, so 10 con/15dex may be a strong choice.

according to the ''charplan''-character builder 10 con at creation gives a bard 35 more hits. doesn't seem like the end of the world to me, that's all :)

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
15dex 10 con id say too if that was your question xD

The more dex u can get as bard the better - simple as that.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
If i could have a starting point respec i'd go 15 dex and 10 charisma on faltsa

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
according to the ''charplan''-character builder 10 con at creation gives a bard 35 more hits. doesn't seem like the end of the world to me, that's all :)

Yeah 35 hits isnt much, but then what are your options? Shouts that do 2 more damage and you can cast an extra half a spell, or spells that cast 0.5% faster (all madeup stats)? Neither choice will break your character or make them wtfpwn ;) I guess once in a blue moon youll survive with less than 35 hits or get a mezz off one frame before an opponent does, maybe that 1dmg extra on a shout will kill someone.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I think we can all agree that weather you put the remaining 10 on con or charisma is no big deal as long as you put 15 on dex

wodzie

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
I think we can all agree that weather you put the remaining 10 on con or charisma is no big deal as long as you put 15 on dex

10 dex and 15 str >_< or is my bard the only one with dim rams that cant move after a debuff? :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
wodzie said:
10 dex and 15 str >_< or is my bard the only one with dim rams that cant move after a debuff? :)

Nope, everyone else puts them on their horse ;)

10 con, 10 str, 10 quick Firby bard with a big stick would be fun in thid :)

Pempula

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Nope, everyone else puts them on their horse ;)

10 con, 10 str, 10 quick Firby bard with a big stick would be fun in thid :)

What would be the reason choosing quick over dex even then?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Pempula said:
What would be the reason choosing quick over dex even then?

Dex doesnt help firby bard wtf pwn with a stick!
I just find firby bg reg classes really fun, esp if you kit them out to melee, not sure I ever had as much fun as playing a firby nature druid in thid. Not meant as a serious spec ;) I figure at lvl 24 that extra 10 dex wont really aid you that much, your a firby anyway so you are gonna lose the majority of cast-offs , but the race advantages of a firby pay off very nicely for melee in early bgs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom