9v9 on some maps

O

old.-12M-Prankster

Just spotted the map selection and i feel some of the maps could play better 9v9 namely WELL Bases2k1 and mortality. Will this be an option for the clans ?
0nly problem that i see too this is there being no space for a ref on the bwtfcl servers. This could be solved by the ref using a bot which are quite easy too use.Or one of the clans having a ref in their line up which can do the rcon.

O

old.eH_SimoN

If 9v9 was to be enforced, surely it would be better just being so for the upper divisions of the BWTFCL, who have probably more organised teams with the advantage of better time slots (fair enough of course) :p

O

old.feigned innocence

Given the BWTFCL servers are 18 slot ones and that BWTFCL rules have a ref for every match, I don't see how 9v9 is possible.

It'd be excellent if we could have HLTV in the other slot though, so that substitutes could watch from there for droppages.

feign
shorter but oddly less sweet

1Jesta

we are looking into getting refs to host hltv atm, as for 9v9 will discuss later :D

O

old.Mr War

can u host hltv on 56k modems? i bet no one else would be able to watch :) and how would rcon work?

M

Mörgoth

I could be completely wrong, but I think the following is accurate:

Running HLTV from a 56k modem is entirely possible, but you won't in reality be able to then enter the match and spectate as a ref due to lag. Same goes for my 64k isdn, though that could be just me. :eek: Anything better should be fine.

You can rcon through HLTV, but can't see anything happening. Besides that, you could also rcon via a bot, and I think you can run the IRC bot alongside HLTV from the same computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom