9800 Pro S-Video out - missing DVD picture

B

Big G

All

Can i just say the 9800 Pro is the don, particularly since it clocks to insane speeds.

However, I tried toying with the S-Video out by plugging in the supplied cable, and then plugging in the converter plug so that it could be plugged into the baseband jack on a Sony Wega TV.

My desktop appeared, and everything looked fine; if quite a bit more blurry than my monitor (obviously). I ran Aquamark3 and it looked just like watching a console game on a TV. My aim was to see what DVDs would be like, as when i move out and into my own place i might want to drive a large widescreen TV from my PC.

I ran VideoLAN (the best DVD player by a longshot) and my DVD appeared on my monitor, but the player window was just black on the TV? I also ran some video clips in media player and the same thing happened - it appeared in media player on the monitor but was missing from media player on the TV.

Any idea why this is? Is it some sort of copy protection (macrovision or something)?

G

U

Ulysses777

Try setting your TV as the primary display (the "Use this device as the primary monitor" checkbox on the display settings tab). Also, make sure you're not cloning the display.

I think there's some DVD software that can display on both screens, but I'm not sure which ones...

Y

Yaka

try disconnecting the monito plug and switching to a lower ress lik 800x600

A

Ardrias_Mid

If it's Macrovision, there are tools to bypass it.
But the best thing is of course to get a stationary player :)

C

.Cask

If you're using the same catalyst drivers that I am, you should be able to go into:

Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Overlay>Clone mode options

And turn on Theatre Mode.

That's what I did anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom