80s Kids' TV Show: Into The Labyrinth

Athan

Resident Freddy
That would seem to be the name of the kids' TV show from the 80s I've been trying to remember. Now there were 3 series, and I mostly only seem to remember the third one. The bit that sticks in my mind is that the good guy ended up being Merlin in that, and the bad witch was Morgana. There's also the whole thing about a magical arm bracelet, and some horrid fungus type thing that was growing on the good guy's arm and would kill him if they didn't sort out the bad witch.

So, anyone else remember the show, and doubly confirm this IS the one ? Google hasn't been much help, but I did find the show name here to start with (great site). Then Google turned up a few sites with some details about the show, but no details about the third series. There's only the episode titles for series 3 that are making me think it is this show really.

thanks,

-Ath

Whipped

Part of the furniture
At first it seemed you were talking about Knightmare, but the magical arm barcelet and arm fungus made me decide it wasn't.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Oh yes, this most definitely was NOT Knightmare. That came later and was all gameshowy. Someone on my LJ has confirmed my suspicions about the 3rd series of Into The Labyrinth.

-Ath

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Whipped said:
At first it seemed you were talking about Knightmare, but the magical arm barcelet and arm fungus made me decide it wasn't.

..lol :D

Was it the one where the contestants had to make it across a grid type thing, with an invisible entity that started from the other side? Each taking a turn until if they crossed paths the contestant was vaporised?

Or not.. :D

/edit maybe not actualy as this was a series?..

Athan

Resident Freddy
No, that is ENTIRELY different, and was called The Adventure Game. And the bit you're remembering there was the very end game where they had to get past The Vortex to not have to walk home.

-Ath

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
tvm :D

Am on the case with this, but this seems so hard to find anything about it :eek6:

Englishman In Paris

Fledgling Freddie
Into The Labyrinth

Hello

Into The Labyrinth was a three series adventure.
It was about a wizard called Rothgo and three children who wandered into his world. Rothgo had a magic item called the Neyedas - Forgive my spelling if it is wrong - and was challenged to keep it by a powerful witch called Belor. Belor stole the Neyedas in the first series and it became a gem. To save his own life due to fading powers, Rothgo sent the three children. 2 boys & a girl into the middle of a model of the labyrinth that was on the floor of his cave. The children would then be transported into the real labyrinth where they would battle Belor and try to find the neyedas. At the end of each episode the children would find it only to hear Belor's famous phrase " I deny you the neyedas" which would make it diappear into another labyrinth and hence next weeks episode. At the end, The children used a sword to claim the power and returned it to Rothgo. Series two begins with Rothgo using the sword and a circle of the children to snare and thus destroy Belor in the cave. Belor reaches up and touches the sword with 2 red gems thus splitting it into 5 pieces. Helen - the Girl - retains a piece of it around her neck in the form of a pendant. They use this pendant to find the other pieces in series two but Belor has recruited a partner to befriend the kids and get her hands on the neyedas. I cant remeber the end but Rothgo is close to death and therefore a 3rd series is required. I have tapes of knightmare if anyone wants them.

Englishman In Paris

Fledgling Freddie
Kinghtmare Tapres

Whipped said:

If you want Knightmare tapes, I have a couple that I am trying to get rid of. They are free to a good home if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom