[RANT] 80-fecking-gigs!!1!1!1!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Long shot perhaps
But does WaR have a compact/repair db utility built in
My data.myp file has grown to 80 gig for some god forsaken reason

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
you can do a full file check on login. alternatively, delete the file - then do a full file check, should result in it redownloading the file????

Maybe im wrong, ive no idea really tbh!

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Err that can't be right. My up to date install has data.myp at 308MB. Maybe you got a bugged patch. Have you tried starting with "check all files" enabled?

(or whatever it's called)

If that fails just rename it and run patcher.

Glema

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh, i wondered why i had almost run out of HD space on that partition

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
mine is only 49.6meg so something is realy wrong with that file for all of you lol.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Im really starting to hate this game..

After all the CTD´s yesterday, my hd got corrupted, or at least im pretty sure of that. Getting wierd gfx errors in other games then war now :eek:

As to that file..
My game dir was taking up 17.5Gig, yet my copy of the game folder (The exact same), on my external drive, is only 9.3 gig..

What the FUCK is going on here?! Maybe its making some sick ass error log on every crash? lol...

Fucked up game of the year award nomination inc?

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
Gaute screwed AoC so much, that they will get the award the next 3 years in a row...

aika

Can't get enough of FH
hm.. mine is 15 gb :E

just noticed it now, I remember it was much smaller on install =\

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
just checked as well 15gb here, and i really just thought it was me going crazy on Redtube :twak:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
just delete it, do a full-file check, problem solved, it should be around 50 mb.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
BTW, I tried deleting mine and then full file checking, but I got the 'missing files, reinstall' etc.
Bear in mind I was still using the Beta DL client, now I've installed from the DVD's.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
worked fine for me.... have a feeling it will help on the crashrate as well.... guess i will know in a few hours xD

btw. anyone know if it still the same client you Dl? i bought a nocd version of the game and so far ive only seen beta client?

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
This problem started occurring last Friday I think. It's quite mysterious indeed, but fortunately easily redeemed. It seems to strike quite randomly, too; my client is fine both at work and at home, but a couple of colleagues (obviously running identical machines) had this issue. We'll probably see a fix to this soon, but until now, keep deleting those data.myp files if they're running amok.

-Magnus

Bahumat

FH is my second home
This problem started occurring last Friday I think. It's quite mysterious indeed, but fortunately easily redeemed. It seems to strike quite randomly, too; my client is fine both at work and at home, but a couple of colleagues (obviously running identical machines) had this issue. We'll probably see a fix to this soon, but until now, keep deleting those data.myp files if they're running amok.

-Magnus

Could it be down to that hairy woman you have who comes and cleans the PC's? I heard she installs trojans which invert your ass!

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
The worrying things if you do a full file check with the buggered data.myp still in place the patcher seems to think it's fine. It's obviously got a very casual file checking algorithm that doesn't bother with the fact the file is now 10 million times bigger than it should be.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Mine was 88gb in the end, I did wonder where my hd space had gone :D

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
rofl a guildies file was up to 300gb, and he didnt even know about it it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom