News 8 months for juror

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
BBC News - Facebook juror sentenced to eight months for contempt

Pretty stupid, but I think the ease with which people can be searched and contacted has changed the game for people with a little less understanding of the consequences.
The real crime here is that the whole facade cost 6 million quid, yes 6 million quid to keep fucking lawyers in BMW''s. Could we have a breakdown of the costs please? No I thought not, the public would storm the building.

She probably wouldn't have searched for her phone number or followed her home, but one click on Facebook from the apparent security of your home can have someone in contempt without the feeling it was really that wrong, they need to address the modern world before handing out sentences.

If they ever called me up I'd require immunity from prosecution before putting a foot in a courthouse.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Paul Merton's looking rough these days.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Stupid bitch should have taken her responsibility seriously. It sends a message to everyone else.

Job

Yes they have picked out a pic that makes her look as stupid as possible.
But why?
Oh yes the impartiality of the press, it's deader than a dead man in boot hill.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's a bit silly to punish so hard someone for that. 8 months ain't a cakewalk afterall and a hefty fine, say 10k, would've driven the same point home.

Some justice things forget the word justice.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The judge is clearly making a point, and quite rightly so imo. You can't have jurors contacting the defendants, and its not like the judge doesn't make it explicitly clear what their responsibilities are (including not using social networking to discuss the case). 8 months is a long time. But she had to be made an example of.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Happy with the verdict, when you are summoned as a Juror you have a responsibility to perform the required duties as stated by the letter of the law.

Let's role play:

Your <insert whoever> was <murdered/raped/beaten to a pulp/run over> by the accused, a juror Facebooked/communicated with other jurors, witnesses, defandant outside of Court. The judge has no choice but to dismiss the charge. Any communication outside of the Court should be witheld until the JUDGE has closed the case. Period.

Happy that 8 months is too harsh now?

Everyone that is summoned to perform Jury service knows the penalties and quite rightly so in my opinion she got what she deserved.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Agree with the decision, she'll only serve 4 months probably any way but there is no excuse for doing what she did.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Fact woman deserved everything she got. I hope this makes other people who would think of doing this think twice.

Job

Yes, very stupid, but how many people get off by threatening jurors?
It happens all the time, quite often without anything actually getting said, just a pack of mean looking thugs giving stares outside the court is all it takes.

Prison is very serious and the consequences for that womans life are extensive.
Lets face it,the woman realised that the communication was wrong,rang her solicitor who pissed his pants in excitement at getting the trial dropped and more mullah for the boys.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Dunno since I would be pulling such figures out of my arse, also one doesn't counter the other any way so the point is moot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom