8 days free

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
I just recieved an e-mail offering me 8 days free play time because I haven't played for a long time. So I was wondering if anyone else got an e-mail like it. Would be fun if enough people got it to start some decent RvR on Exc/pry :)

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
I also just got this offer.

I was always of the opinion that there are only 2 types of RvR players - the wolves & the sheep, & that that system only works as long as the sheep have reason to believe that they can one day become wolves, otherwise there is no reason for them to keep trying only to be devoured by the wolves time & time again.

Unfortunately the DAoC games-mechanics consistently made the wolves stronger, and the sheep thereby by comparison weaker, making RvR totally pointless for the sheep.

This was the situation when I left DAoC 1.5 years ago.

My question is:- Has anything changed in the meantime to make it worthwhile for a sheep to return, or is it still as absolutely pointless as it was when I left?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
bad GOA :twak:

sending game passwords without asking for sub password

i activated :>

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
so i logged in and there were 5 (!) people online on Camlann. 2 French, 2 German and me

checking the other servers

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I logged onto my avalon heretic because of the low pop on english servers. But I'm getting pretty annoyed while trying to do champion quests in german :p

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
I also just got this offer.

I was always of the opinion that there are only 2 types of RvR players - the wolves & the sheep, & that that system only works as long as the sheep have reason to believe that they can one day become wolves, otherwise there is no reason for them to keep trying only to be devoured by the wolves time & time again.

Unfortunately the DAoC games-mechanics consistently made the wolves stronger, and the sheep thereby by comparison weaker, making RvR totally pointless for the sheep.

This was the situation when I left DAoC 1.5 years ago.

My question is:- Has anything changed in the meantime to make it worthwhile for a sheep to return, or is it still as absolutely pointless as it was when I left?

Well the big problem is that there aren't really any players on the english servers, you'll have to play german or french servers if you want some RvR

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
bah and double bah

I resubbed a few weeks ago only to find no one else playing (which was a silly thing to do really as I knew there was no one playing...) and so paid £8.99 for about 3 hours of gameplay. :drink:

anyway, too little, too late

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
BAh quit playing its summer.... come back in fall/winter :

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
there were about 70 people on a min ago (on Dyvet that is), I got the email as well, so went back for some nostalgia. Just like I remember it, chased by a demented Bonedancer and then brutally murdered by a high RR alb stealther. hehe

Keeps look cool now and I like the new siege stuff. Why oh why oh why couldnt they have done all this stuff years ago, I'd probably still be playing :(

Booze

Fledgling Freddie
didn't make sense...

I reactivite daoc account.

Can't play daoc now... "incorrect account" etc. been waiting few hours.

And yes i deffo put correct login name+password.

How long to wait for the progress to get through?

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
I actually got in right away.. And yeah i doubt you're using the wrong acc/pass since they send an e-mail to you containing it

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
Did have some fun on Dyvet, logged on my hib characters killed some albs and they logged so frontier was empty again

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
They should've organized some kind of Come Back party.
Like, notify all the players that their free 8 days automatically start in 2 weeks, on a friday.

And on the day before that, lock down the resetted frontiers and re-open them the next day with a bang.

Incidentally, I saw an advertisement for EQ that seemed to refer to the old players as 'Legends'?

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Incidentally, I saw an advertisement for EQ that seemed to refer to the old players as 'Legends'?
Old players in DAOC are called 'Elders', and everyone who've played longer than 4 years get the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom