8.5 Meg update Help me

M

mib666

Every time I try to log onto DAOC it keeps trying to download a 8.5 meg patch, is this just because my DAT file is trying to patch to american servers? I just press cancel when it tries

Checked my update.dat and it has what I think is correct path

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

P

[PS]Riddler

Said this once and ill say it again....

USE THE FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by [PS]Riddler
Said this once and ill say it again....

USE THE FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON

What he said FFS !!

G

Gandir

And yeah guys I'm sure you all are going to die or something just becaus some one open a new topic becaus they dont care to search! Help the guy instead of insulting people!

Would help if I did know the answer but I dont but I dont say things like RTFM and such just becaus of that!

N

-Nxs-

Doesn't it annoy you that EVERY day someone posts exactly the same sodding question, and i mean EVERY day !!

Take a look around the different forums for DAOC here, all you have to do here is scroll down about 10-15 posts and youll see exactly the same problem.

Its just too much now, ive lost it. Its not funny anymore

G

Gandir

Well no I dont mind, becaus I know I dont need to read them. I dont need to care about them, if I dont want to. And it's just a pice of text on my computer screen so I dont get all worked up about it either.

It's a free world where peopel are allowed to ask questions even if they are annoying or plain stupid, or even if they dont know how to use a search button!

A

Addlcove

they don´t even have to use searh, it´s a bloody sticky in tech help

O

old.tRoG

This forum really needs a 'Read this before posting' sticky thread.

Something along the lines of:

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!
POST IN THE CORRECT SUB-FORUMS!

etc. :)

M

Marcus75

Its sad to see that it takes so much effort to just tell the guy asking about help the link to this sticky and inform them about the search-engine.

So what if alot of people are lazy and dont care to search? Has it ever occured that some actually dont sit on the net all the time and might not be used to forums? (both examples)

The most interesting thing is that people take the time to yell, scream and whine about this much easier than to just help. That kind of behaviour is the type of thing that people should pay attention too...not get furious about something that, to say the least, dosnt mean much.

It aint hard to help and sooner or later most people learn from it - getting yelled at really is constructive criticism... :rolleyes:

Like this:

Link to the sticky in the Technical Forum

O

old.tRoG

Make a copy of that thread and move it in here.

Problem solved :D

M

mib666

I let the patcher download this 8.5 meg patch and all it contained was various mp3 files still on european no American patch downloaded. Maybe these particular mp3's had become corrupt, other than that I have no idea why :rolleyes:

M

Marcus75

Try a reinstall maybe? Save the <charname>.* files somewhere so you at least dont need to redo your quickbars.

Good luck!

M

mib666

Its ok now, the game loaded and played fine after patch except for this odd error message I get, "God Mode Enabled" :p

S

Stonebits

I recently started playing Planetside......

I wanted to know how something worked, so I logged onto the official forums and spent a few mins looking for the answer and found it....

I didnt just blindly post the question before having a look around for the answer.......

Ive lost count of the times people have posted this, and the answer had been cut and pasted in....

Its pure lazyness..... how long does it honestly take to scan back a few pages and see if the same question has been asked before......

Thats what gets people's goat..... :m00:

C

clearbrook

And the really funny thing is that all you guys say

"RTFM"
"Use the search button"

and if you read the original post with your brains engaged you would have seen that he did not have the "american patch problem".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom