7 Defining MP FPS GAMES

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Some chubby checker of blogger called Ed Borden wrote an interesting article that goes from doom,quake, tribes etc itspreety much a trip down memory lane specially when looking at the dates of when these games came out, how time flies:/

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Just give me Tribes with todays graphics! It's the only game where people actually worked as a team.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Gawd I miss it :S

like wise, around the time tribes was release in the usa, qwtf was still very very popular was actionquake was fun. i never really got any sleep around that time, my phone bill was nightmare tho

throdgrain

FH is my second home
But make it work properly :) Could have been the best game ever (for me)!

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
I unfortunately missed Tribes, but Tribes 2 was easily the best online gaming experience I've ever had and nothing has come close.

It was amazing and I miss it :( Is a big shame it died.
I don't understand how its not been done again properly since.. like someone said, the games just need new graphics.

I never picked up Tribes 3.. was it bad? And if so, why?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I never picked up Tribes 3.. was it bad? And if so, why?

Tribes:Vengeance - you can download it for free.

It came out at an awful time (a couple of weeks before WoW) and it just didn't feel right. They never bothered with a single patch afterwards. It just felt like Unreal or some other game with jetpacks stuck on, as it was developed by a different team who didn't really have any experience with the Tribes franchise.

Try Fallen Empire: Legions when it comes out. It isn't a Tribes sequel, but it shares a few things in common (jetpack and skiing in a slightly different form).

Yaka

Part of the furniture
tribes 2 was worse than tribes it was still a good game but they fucked up a few things as well, 3 was ok but it came out and noone bothered with it.

they are making a mod for etqw which is tribes and a bit of tribes 2 mixed in

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Opt1, Tribes was far more fun than Tribes 2 even though the graphics were worse. Tribes had less choices so seemed simpler but also the maps were far better in Tribes. I remember getting lost in my own bast in Tribes 2 :(

Cool Yaka, I'll get googling on that ETQW mod.

taB

Part of the furniture
I only ever played T1 online, T2 and T3 appeared when I was in a non gaming phase (without the net at home). I have played through T3 single player a couple of times and tbh it's got a good story line and not bad gameplay.

I still have my original tribes folder (probably with mine launching script) on one of my backup disks!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Whats Tripes?

Never bloody heard of it, is it like Vikings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom