5th Jan Patch Update..

Cdr

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
803
Parp parp! (Bit late I know)

posted Mon January 05 2004 01:13 PM
Hi everyone and Happy New Year! I hope you all had a nice holiday.

As usual, I have both good and bad news. The good news is that the English patch is in final testing today and the results look good. I hope to get the final sign off from test today. Assuming they find no new bugs, it appears that we may have a release version about ready to do. We just need to apply the copy protection and put the readme in. However, we currently have one snag...

...the bad news is that Eagle is still about one week late in delivering the French and German versions. Ubisoft and Eagle want very much to distribute all localized versions at the same time, but if we do that, the patch could be delayed further for the English version. As such, I want to hear your opinion: release the English version ASAP or wait for the French and German versions?

Happy New Year,
Matt

Matt "Wags" Wagner
Producer / Ubisoft
The general opinion was to release the English patch as soon as its done at UBI;


posted Mon January 05 2004 11:20 PM
Ok, folks, thanks for the input. The common consensus is pretty clear. The the feelings of purchasers of the English version was pretty much a "no brainer." However, alienating our purchasers of the French and German version is something that Ubisoft and Eagle want to avoid too.

Just as soon as the English version is through test, it will be released.

-Matt
So, there we are. The English version of the patch will be out fairly soon.
 

Cdr

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
803
heh, yeah there are a 'few' bugs :D

The patch does seem to be 'out', but it has yet to be announced on either the official website or on the official forums;
<link removed for the mo>

The 1.01 patch seems to have been leaked a bit in advance. It wasn't supposed to be released until later this evening but the cat is now out of the bag...

We are currently trying to identify the source of the cd-detect bug and will provide a solution ASAP. In the meantime I strongly suggest you don ot install it or, if you must, make sure to make a back-up.

I'll keep you posted on further developments.

Thunak
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom