56k?

D

dunny_dunny

Heya chaps. I'm thinking of buying this mighty fine game tomorrow but i am only on a 56k modem so i was wondering if the lag is bearable? Thanks for any responses.

C

Cronn

It's pretty decent, don't bother going near very big battles though or your phone line sets on fire.

You could have trouble downloading the initial patch, one of the files is 40-50mb and the server doesn't support resuming.

J

Jupitus

Most of the time it's fine, but yes, the huge battles can be quite laggy. I have been trying the new settings for lower bandwidth users and they seem to help a little, I'd say.

Mind what Cronn said about the patches though... if you are subject to 2hr disconnects you will need a workaround of some sort for the patcher, though it can be done I gather.

K

karienal

I'm on a 56k line atm, and I cant get into any battles on a continent near population lock without massive lag - mainly due to the sheer numbers of people around.

So, when the rest of my squad head to 99% hossin, I bugger off to somewhere with 15-20% pop, and have a ball with zero lag and some nice fights.

Givf Broadband!

Opium

D

dunny_dunny

Great thanks for info guys!Hopefully seeyou guys soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom