555 (holland)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
wanne thank all the people that have sent money this day to 555...

arround 100.000.000€.!!!!!!!!!!! from only holland in >1< evening..

so that will be added to the money u guys have allready sent..nice!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
lets just hope they spend the money raised waisely and put it to good use towards tsunami victims/survivors etc... cos those countrys "i think" dont actually have the best record for looking after there own "poverty etc etc" whilst there leaders are milllionaires

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
To be honest. im very very VERY impressed about peoples generousity towards this. i mean, its been x-mas not so long ago and i bet many ppl spent a tad more then they should have. and even then acually find it in their hearts to donate money. just in sweden i think ppl donated some ~140 million (correct me if im wrong) SEK. and were only just over 8.5 million citizens, granted alot of companys donated large sums. but im still very impressed and grateful..

gives me hope for humanity after all..... :fluffle:

sko

Loyal Freddie
Yeah I guess thats all great and stuff...

but you all forgot about Aids and hunger need...

The Tsunami has had it's fair share of attention now, time to move to Africa..

:touch:

sko

Loyal Freddie
Ctuchik said:
just in sweden i think ppl donated some ~140 million (correct me if im wrong) SEK. and were only just over 8.5 million citizens, granted alot of companys donated large sums.
Norway has 4.5 million people.
The goverment gave 1.1 billion NOK
Private donations gave 300 million NOK

And we didn't even notice that any money is gone.

(10 euro is ~ 70 NOK)

And sweden lost atleast 3 times as many people as Norway..

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
in the uk we are subjects not citizens :<

apparantly we have donated ~£150mil now tho

saw on the news 2day that the thai government said they need $1billion when u think about ho much cash europe is donating (and not forgetting that US has donated ~$350mil) it makes you hope the money goes where its intended and dosnt end up lining the pockets of some enterprising thai buisnessmen.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
sko said:
Norway has 4.5 million people.
The goverment gave 1.1 billion NOK
Private donations gave 300 million NOK

And we didn't even notice that any money is gone.

(10 euro is ~ 70 NOK)

And sweden lost atleast 3 times as many people as Norway..

yes but this is private and corporate donations.. not goverment. thats not even included in those 140 million afaik...

and so what if sweden lost 3 times as many ppl as norway did? people died, thats the only thing that counts. not how many from each country... :eek:

and ppl give whatever they can afford to. lets not make a "my country r0x0rs coz it gave most cash" competition please...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
And lets hope it happens. Apparently for the Iranian Earthquake, 1 billion USD was pledged by governments, and 100 million happened.

Darzil

Ormorof

FH is my second home
alot of hte money wont go to the victims though, since the guys flying helicopters, looking after helicopters (maintainance), use of airstrips, soldiers, all these have families to feed and mortgages to pay too, so thats why such huge amounts are needed (since after all that they still need to import food, and organise clean drinking water)

edit: my posts looks abit negative, but its not intended to be, its meant to be a goad to get more people out helping :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom