47meg patch on DR?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ive installed DR but the patcher wants to download a 47 meg patch (and crashes on 1-2 meg). Is this working as intended or have i botched the install somehow?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
downloaded mine from the US website and changed the update.dat
worked fine, albeit taking a very long time
try a reinstall

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
got the same thing, the DL 47mb that is, didnt finish it incase it was wrong but got more than 2mb down tho

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
After installing DR there is a 47 meg patch to apply to bring it up to date with server version. Did it on 3 machines here and all downlaoded fine - they stopping at 1-2 meg could simply be down to weight of traffic on the patcher I guess

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Javai, yes its probably a hammered server as i have the same problem on my ToA client as well i now noticed. Guess ill try again later.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Managed to patch fine now :)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Yes 47 megs is about right for a Darkness Rising patch (once you've installed the 730ish MB DR "update").

If you start getting weird error messages just keep trying - it's the patchers that are being flooded with connections. We've tripled the amount of connections allowed so it should be a bit better now.

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Patched fine, just waiting for servers to go up, have any rough estimate Erivoss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom