[NEWS] 4.1 patch notes (from US Preview Weekend)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Just to be clear on this... GOA had to 'remove' the notes as Mythic wanted it done. I'm pretty sure IainC and the team would have been ok with it was it their decision to make, to be honest.

Sorry I wasn't clear I meant the fuss made by Mythic not GoA! In fact if I were the GoA team I'd be a bit pissed at Mythic right now as they surely knew when making the fuss that they would be making them public two days later anyway.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
think they were wanting to make sure the elder testers didn't freak out and explode at any particular change (such as death penalties for example) before they published them live but yeah I don't see anything massively controversial in there.

tbh it was pretty clear from reading it last week that nothing much was going to change in those patch notes in the couple of days before they got published but whatever. The only question in my mind was whether there was anything else major that they were trying to add.

but I cba to actually check :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they coulda found a game-crashing-killer bug in the auction house I suppose :) and have to pull it till after OB? maybe something like that I guess.

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Well, none of it has been tested THAT much, so they still could, Flim :)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Ouch. That seems unnecessarily excessive to me. 15 minutes is a hell of a long time.
The old value was 10 minutes though.
Thing is, in CB the debuff usually wasn't worth the trouble of clicking the healer to remove ( and loosing some cash in the process). Increasing the duration may make it more of an incentive to remove, thus reintroducing a slight cash drain.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
damn i have to test my engineer all over again :)

bobfish

Fledgling Freddie
That is all very well and nice.. but does anyone actually know how big the patch was? Considering we're going to have to download the thing once our patch server goes live, it would be nice to know if it's going to take an age or not.

rynnor

Rockhound
That is all very well and nice.. but does anyone actually know how big the patch was? Considering we're going to have to download the thing once our patch server goes live, it would be nice to know if it's going to take an age or not.

The open beta client is built on top of 4.1 so if you have that then you already have the patch.

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently it isn't it's a 180mb patch. ;)

I downloaded the PW client from FP the other week and i can confirm that i had to patch approx 188Mb for 4.1 to play this weekend....

Whether as previously stated this is already incorporated into the EU OB build i dunno... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom