3rd person hack...

• Thread starter old.[GoE]HellkeepeR
  • Start date
O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

Cheat or allowed?

(if cheat, you do need to use PB to detect it, it does work)

O

old.MadMaxMatt{t}

3rd person sucks away

but ppl get really bad lag if there go near a wall and u have a crap aim.

didnt know PB picks it up tho :/

M

Moving Target

WTF would ne1 use a 3rd person hack!?

O

old.[FsA]Richie_Gecko

3rd Person is widely considered as cheat for different reasons:
Concussion does not work on people playing 3rd Person.
3rd person allows to view through nearby walls, which, for example lets you view the whole basement from ramp room in 2fort and several other locations.

The different aiming can be easily learned with parameters making 3rd person nearly appear as 1st Person.
Lower framerates are not an argument, too. Every wallhack has an heavy impact on performance. Sometimes realising how widely its spread in Half-Life based mods, these people have either very fast machines or the benefit is obviously higher then the lower performance.

To keep this short:
I personally think, that Punkbuster with just a few cvar detections (many are crap for TFC) can avoid using it.
I think the playoffs have to be PB required like in nearly every other league all over Europe.
If 3rd person is not considered as a cheat and there won't be any countermeasures to avoid cheating, [FsA] is thinking about dropping the league. And I know of some other Clans who don't want to participate under these circumstances, too.

For me the vote on Punkbuster does not work. I am correctly registered, logged in and have not voted yet.

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

Could some Admin state a word in that issue? Or is it okay to use this bug/cheat/exploit in BWTFCL games?

V

vuz

it is being discussed, the general feeling is that it is indeed a cheat, but u do need PB to detect it.... :|

perhaps Valve will sort in the impending patch?

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

They havent even announced their patch yet, so why wait for them?

PB hurts no one. It helps fairplay, so make it mandatory no matter what the poll says.

T

Twinner

Although I think that PB should be used.

I would prefer to follow what the vote shows.

As it will show the general consensus of Peeps in BW.

O

old.tic

PB = on

Should be standard for all leagues. Shambles.

V

vuz

Been looking at where I can get PB hosted actually...

btw: A patch has been announced (i'm almost certain) to come out within next few weeks, will limit BHing to 1.4 speed and fix a lot of other bugs

Apparently

O

old.[GoE]HellkeepeR

PB can be hosted on any machine. The best way would be: The guy reffing the game sets up a PB before he connects to the game server. It only needs the IP and rcon, similar to the Veterans-IRC-announcerbot.

Waiting for the patch: well great, so ppl can cheat using the 3rd person bug in the first 5 or 6 games and after that not anymore? Well, doesn't satisfy me, sorry. A way of preventing that already exists, so why not use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom