3rd English Server!

O

old.maxh150

i just want to play midgard without having to delete my Albion and Hibernia characters which i have spent MANY hours on

isnt it against the law to limit us to only 2/3 of a game that we played full price for?

just add a post to ^bump^ this thread if youd also like a third server so that you can get full value for money for this game

F

fatgit

lol
sorry but they can tell you you may only play an elven washmaiden in Ardee if they want to, its their game.

Nothing at all is stopping you from making a char on a french or german server, I personally recommend german.

The english speaking servers are nowhere near full as it is, so don't expect a third until the PvP server, or the server populations grow quite a bit

S

SFXman

The problem is that servers would be extremely underpopulated.... not much fun to play on empty servers.

T

Thorarin

I still wonder how there can be so many more German people playing this game though :)

There are quite a few Scandinavic people online, and I don't see much reason for this game to be less popular in the UK, except for maybe the crappy ISPs that tend to disconnect people every 2 hours (unless that policy changed)

I haven't noticed that many Dutch people yet, but still.. I find it amazing we can't outnumber Germany / Austria, nor France (with what, 70 million inhabitants?)

A

Addlcove

thats pretty simple, its a matter of PR and this game was promoted in germany and france, but not in britain

A

Aeiedil

also probably due to the fact that english-speaking people probably went to daoc us before daoc euro was out and didnt feel like coming over to the eu version aswell, because they would have really gained little if theyd settled in the us already :)

A

Aeiedil

thankies Th....in :) (too late to remember names), guess i better change my sig anyway :) not got the eld any more, tis a manachanter now :)

C

cleeve

Lo All

PLaying on the french servers is fun.

We've been made welcome in ocranie - come and join the lurikeen invasion :D

Revor

M

matax

Not when theres 100 keens/bolgs running around in your guild that you can ask for translations :)

Good laugh and makes it even more challenging trying to interpret the quests.

O

old.Sami

Merci=thanks
NP=NP

If you get into any more mess, just say "Sorry, I don't speak Hibernian. I'm really a troll spy in a disguise".

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Sami
Merci=thanks
NP=NP

If you get into any more mess, just say "Sorry, I don't speak Hibernian. I'm really a troll spy in a disguise".

Useful phrases.

Je voudrais 50g SVP
La mise à jour est tardive, GOA est merde.
Ou est le grande monstre

le keen, c'est morte!

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by Sami
Merci=thanks
NP=NP

now that is funny

K

Khalen

Not that many dutch people? Hmmm maybe you should check Albion :p I have like 40 people (BE and NLers in my guild) and there are a lot more NLers and BEers in other guilds. I could almost say that BE and NLers combined are maybe at least 60 on Albion realm (EXC)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I'd hazard a guess that the reason DAOC is more popular in France and Germany is the same reason that so many people complain on here:

The game is translated into French and German.

Unlike English-speakers, who can sample the delights of EQ, UO, AO, etc. those wishing to speak French or German are much more limited. AFAIK DAOC is the only MMORPG which provides French and German servers.

To that end, GOA have done things right. They've conc3entrated on their core market (i.e. non-English speakers who want to play MMORPGs). Those of us on the English servers are an afterthought.

In hindsight, Mythic should have hosted and marketed all the English speaking servers and just given GOA the French and German servers, but hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

V

Vell

Originally posted by Tasans
Now what do these phrases mean? (macros?) ;)

Je voudrais 50g SVP
I want 50gp please

Something about GOA being not-so-good

Ou est le grande monstre
Where is the big monster?

le keen, c'est morte!
KEEN DOWN!!!

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Vell

Something about GOA being not-so-good

The update is late, GOA is shit ;-)

Although I had to use babelfish for update.....
I haven't spoken a word of french for 10 years and it shows ;-)

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by Trine Aquavit
I'd hazard a guess that the reason DAOC is more popular in France and Germany is the same reason that so many people complain on here:
The game is translated into French and German.
Unlike English-speakers, who can sample the delights of EQ, UO, AO, etc. those wishing to speak French or German are much more limited. AFAIK DAOC is the only MMORPG which provides French and German servers.
To that end, GOA have done things right. They've conc3entrated on their core market (i.e. non-English speakers who want to play MMORPGs). Those of us on the English servers are an afterthought.
In hindsight, Mythic should have hosted and marketed all the English speaking servers and just given GOA the French and German servers, but hindsight is a wonderful thing :)

very good point and true we are an after thought
and hindsight isn't that something assasins get :D

:m00:

T

Thorarin

Check Albion? Never ;)

On Excalibur Midgard there is Dutch Eline and Flemish Fury, all of those are Dutch/Belgian, but still, they are outnumbered by British by a factor of 10 or so :)

Denmark has less than a third of the population, but I still get the feeling we Dutch are outnumbered by them on DAoC, or at least in our guild.

I'm not complaining or anything, having fun all the same :)

T

Tiwaz

Originally posted by Thorarin
Denmark has less than a third of the population, but I still get the feeling we Dutch are outnumbered by them on DAoC, or at least in our guild.

I'm not complaining or anything, having fun all the same :) [/B]

Now why would anybody complain about playing with us Danes:D

O

old.Gombur Glodson

We are so loveable, event though our song contest song sucked :p

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Gombur Glodson
We are so loveable, event though our song contest song sucked :p

Isn't that the entire point?

V

Vell

Don't be silly! Of course that's not the point! The point is to put in the best song, and win. You just wait and see....I'll win it next year, with my song....'I love stumpy dwarves'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom