3rd English server?

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
will there ever be one? if yes - when?

think im not alone in my wish to play all 3 realms...

feac

Fledgling Freddie
a 3rd UK server is very unlikly now lack of advertising over the years has meant our populations have always been low compared to the others,

plus this subject gets brought up every couple of months or so and the most you will ever get is whines and moans and a the odd post from a GoA gm saying something along the lines of not enough players to warrant another server oh and the odd smart ass reply mentioning Camlann

should have been 3 servers from the start imo

jokke

Fledgling Freddie
rather wanna see the two they got work b4 a 3th comes

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
If you spread the already dwindling population over three servers instead of two, there wont really be anyone to fight against :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Not enough demand currently for a 3rd English server unfortunately.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the game will be dead within a year, no need for a 3rd server

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
the game will be dead within a year, no need for a 3rd server

That depends alot on GOA and how they work with OT to fix this lag. If its not fixed within 1-2 months I think the game will be dead sooner tbh, if they fix it within a week or two, I dont think daoc will die the any time soon. But atm its just boring to play, and thats not because of zergs or NF or TOA, its only because of the lag. :(

Arctic Darkness

Fledgling Freddie
Lol

LOL! 3rd English server?.. when they hardly can keep 2 alive.
This because 1000's English speaking EU players are on US servers...

See the light, move to US, enjoy the Catacombs!

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Arctic Darkness said:
LOL! 3rd English server?.. when they hardly can keep 2 alive.
This because 1000's English speaking EU players are on US servers...

See the light, move to US, enjoy the Catacombs!

US players get far superior servers and customer support.

You are 100% correct, populations on excali are dropping and prydwen are probably at their lowest ever...combine this with the italian and spanish servers and excali could lose another 20% of its players.

Kaod

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Oh look, an SWG / WOW / EQ2 optimist...

I agree the "death of daoc" is a line that is thrown in to many a situation, however just because it has been proven wrong in the past doesn't mean it will for the next time - it's going to be correct at some point.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
More likely a server merge then a new one.
not possible really

you would have to allow ppl to have chars on multiple realms

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Asha said:
not possible really

Then ban everyone for cross-realming.
Problem solved.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Mabe that would be one solution for some of the current imbalances... open the other realms on any account with a level 50 RR6+ (or maybe RR7+?) character, and provide NPCs to give free level 50 and RR5 in the underpopulated realm only to encourage people to try that realm out.

If I had the opportunity to try another realm on the same server, without having buy another account or scrap a character that I still enjoy playing, then I would.

So many people have multiple accounts in different realms on the same server anyway, and are online with people from other realms using irc and voice comms, that I can't see why doing this should be an issue any more.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Pretty sure you're allowed accounts on different realms on the same server as long as you don't pass information between.

i.e. if you got told on MidsRock that there's a relic raid about to happen and logged into HibsRule and started blabbing about it you'd get into trouble.

Same as if you were using MidsRock to get HibsRule some easy RPs somewhere quiet in the frontier.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
alith you still have to do TOA and artifacts blergh...

flim there is a difference between a few ppl having 2 accounts and EVERYONE having chars on multiple realms. There would be no point to anything, no one would have any loyalty to a realm. If they didn't like a patch or didn't like not having relics, they could just switch to the realm that does.

So mid gets a nice patch - huge upswing in mid population. Don't see how this would help hib much. You might get more ppl playing Mid.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
that's true - didn't say it was a good thing ;)

3rd english server would be nice but there's just not the pop for it atm :(

That said even in the US people tend to have a "main server/realm" and just visit other realms/servers.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
That said even in the US people tend to have a "main server/realm" and just visit other realms/servers.
They also have enough 'standard ruleset' servers in their native language to be able to play all three realms. We have 2, which means we don't get the opportunity to play all three realms without resorting to playing in another language.

And don't throw Camlann back at me as an English server... been there, done that! ;)

And while I did get an 'A' in GCSE French, that was over 10 years ago!

Also, the RvR experience on different servers is completely different. Excalibur and Prydwen are like chalk and cheese. It would be nice to experience it from the other perspective without having to buy multiple accounts.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
I think they should burn one french or one german server couse there are to meny of them.

peeps from all over europe play on our english speaking servers and only a handfull play on the french or german.

point all of this is that they should add one englis server, and if they cant just add one, convert one of the others to english.

(soz to all french and german peeps but thats how i feel)

i dont live in england so i dont speak german or french but i am fluent (somewhatt) in english.

im 18 ;) hail to my teachers....... Discovery Channel and CNN :flame:

twuth

Fledgling Freddie
Ah but the german and french servers are more successful than the English ones, tbh I dont see the big deal about playing 3 realms, same shit different wrapping :touch:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
peeps from all over europe play on our english speaking servers and only a handfull play on the french or german.
A handful?

At this very moment, there are 2822 more players on the French and German servers than the English ones.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
You know you're actually allowed to farm the other realms in organised meetings? All you need to do is make pretend there's a reason for you fighting. Like they stole your newspaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom