360? PS3?

Tilda

So I am a PC gamer, I am better at games with a mouse and keyboard. However, I am rubbish when trying to play CoD / Fifa at friends houses with an xbox controller. How the heck am I supposed to aim with a stick?!
Does anybody have any tips about how not to suck on a console?
Secondly, if I was considering getting an xbox or something to practice/play on, what do I get, how much should I pay? Do I need an expensive online thing?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To play well on a console you need lots of sugary sweets and turkey dinosaurs...and you have to be tucked up in bed by 9

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
play games with auto aim set on then you just have to get close and pull the trigger ... console fps suck donkey balls

Madmaxx

FH is my second home

depends on the game but you will get used to it, for example call of duty has combat training which is any map/ game mode of your liking and you can select how many enemy/friendy bots you play with so you can atleast learn the maps and use a gun suited to you.

I also think people put too much stock in the "auto aim" business, but good luck with it anyway :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
So I am a PC gamer, I am better at games with a mouse and keyboard. However, I am rubbish when trying to play CoD / Fifa at friends houses with an xbox controller. How the heck am I supposed to aim with a stick?!
Secondly, if I was considering getting an xbox or something to practice/play on, what do I get, how much should I pay? Do I need an expensive online thing?

You can't play FIFA with a control pad? If you can play it with a mouse and keyboard while doing all the tricks etc I take my hat off to you.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Best bet is to grab an xbox controller for your PC and play games with it, it's just about learning how to control yourself with a different set of wheels.

Then go for an xbox(i'm biased) when you're comfortable.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
As above, get an XBOX360 controller for your PC and play controller friendly games with it. For FPS, a good learning curve improver, use your left stick to do most of the aiming but your right stick to fine aim...

The Batman games are pretty damn good for getting used to one, as are football games. After playing those types of game, FPS's become quite a lot easier.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
If you're going to get an Xbox controller for the PC, be aware that it needs to be a properly wired one. Plug and play leads don't work for some reason.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It does not need to be a properly wired one, I use a wireless one all the time.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It does not need to be a properly wired one, I use a wireless one all the time.
You must have one of the wireless receivers then, as you can't use the wireless pad plugged in via a play and charge kit, it's never worked.

Get a wired pad.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You must have one of the wireless receivers then, as you can't use the wireless pad plugged in via a play and charge kit, it's never worked.

Get a wired pad.

... of course I have one. It comes with the bloody pad ffs. Get a wireless one for PC. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom