+33% to range?

Jace

Fledgling Freddie
This is NOT a whine thread so please don’t turn it into one.

I’m wondering about casting range and whether it’s :-

a) affected by height – as far as I know only Archery shots gain range due to height.

b) if there’s anyway to increase it beyond the TOA cap of 10%? I’m aware of Arcane Leadership giving an additional 5% but do separate instances stack and is there anything else that grants a bonus to range?

I’m trying to work out how a Bard with 1500 range mez, standing on the battlements at MMG, can mez me whilst he’s outside of the 2000 range of my pet spells. So we’re looking at a range increase on the Bard of 33% in order for him to out-range me.

I’m not so much bitter/annoyed etc but more puzzled and I’m trying to work out a way I can counter it . . . and no I wasn’t nearsighted.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
arcane leadership does not stack with similar artifacts aka crown of zahur/cloudsong etc etc.

However it will stack with bonuses from moon staff i beleive.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Jace said:
I’m not so much bitter/annoyed etc but more puzzled and I’m trying to work out a way I can counter it . . . and no I wasn’t nearsighted.
Encountered the same with a certain hib group... got mezzed and then ae rooted from that far away that our tanks charging into the enemy group actually left the radius of my heal spells.

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
If it was AE mez, 1500 range *1.1 ToA bonus = 1650
1650 + 350 radius = 2000

Either you had bad luck with lag for him to be just outside your range while you were in range of his ae, or maybe arcane leadership was used to extend ae mez range further.

If it was single target mez however, I've no idea.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
This thread suggests items with +%range Vs players(Humanoids etc) will go above the 10% cap.

I've seen no confirmation of this though, will look into it when I SC my sorc...

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Humanoids isn't vs players though, just so you know seks

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic nerf their player base again... not even human anymore :x

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Adorith said:
If it was AE mez, 1500 range *1.1 ToA bonus = 1650
1650 + 350 radius = 2000

Either you had bad luck with lag for him to be just outside your range while you were in range of his ae, or maybe arcane leadership was used to extend ae mez range further.

If it was single target mez however, I've no idea.

and you can't cast a AOE spell into thin air to get people in the AOE

Jace

Fledgling Freddie
"If it was AE mez, 1500 range *1.1 ToA bonus = 1650
1650 + 350 radius = 2000"

Theres wasn't anyone else anywhere near me at the time I'm afraid so he would of needed in excess of 2000 range on his mez.

Poag

m00?
Eroa said:
the hight gives quite some bonus aswell to the range

don't think it does on casted spells...ranged attacks [bow, crossbow, short bow, thrown daggers] it does..spells..nup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom