3 months and counting...

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
For the love of god !!! almost 3 months have passed since the character data base problem on Prydwen and still there are people that havent got their items back.
For how many months do we have to renew our subs in order to get something in return as GOA promissed to all those that had lost items?

Ok we understand the hard work it takes to restore all those items (or even give something else in return for them), but waiting so long its unacceptable by all means.
Combined with the lag and crashing problems on the english server cluster i cant even imagine my self playing any game hosted by GOA ever again.

I'm starting to get the feeling that GOA want us to slowly forget the issue, specialy now that amount of disapointed people are not that big as at the beggining of the problem.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Vermillon said:
For the love of god !!! almost 3 months have passed since the character data base problem on Prydwen and still there are people that havent got their items back.
For how many months do we have to renew our subs in order to get something in return as GOA promissed to all those that had lost items?

Ok we understand the hard work it takes to restore all those items (or even give something else in return for them), but waiting so long its unacceptable by all means.
Combined with the lag and crashing problems on the english server cluster i cant even imagine my self playing any game hosted by GOA ever again.

I'm starting to get the feeling that GOA want us to slowly forget the issue, specialy now that amount of disapointed people are not that big as at the beggining of the problem.
Why do you make a whole new thread for only this? just post it in one of the other threads thats allready there about the same thing

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
I totally understand that Vermillion makes a new thread. The frustration after waiting this long time must be very high. Making a thread about it is one way to reduce the frustration, my sympaties for you Vermillion.

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Otho said:
I totally understand that Vermillion makes a new thread. The frustration after waiting this long time must be very high. Making a thread about it is one way to reduce the frustration, my sympaties for you Vermillion.

Second that and I'm in the same boat as Verm.

Just feels that this issue isn't much of a priority nowdays, if you take into consideration the pace they were restoring items when the fault originally occured and compare that to now...:(

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Thirded to Ixnay and Verm, Its only my 20 Cabalist but there was some good stuff on her!

aika

Part of the furniture
I just wanna ask GOA a question. Did you restore any chars at all in last 2-3 weeks?

Doesn't look like that tbh.
Still waiting for them to restore 3 of my chars.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I want to add my whine also, well over 2months without a word from them.

Hopefully there's another nice agramon-pve event in the making at least

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
I had my Tic stripped AFTER the initial stripping. Reported it on 5th October. Now 24th November, no action yet. Pathetic, I want to lvl it but I'm buggered if I'm going to completely re-equip it.

:twak:

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh i belive they stoped restoring items after they fisnished with lvl 40+ chars.

Oh and to see if they restored any items during the last 2-3 weeks is eaas. Lets make a new poll with that question.

- Yes. Items have been restored for me in the last 2-3 weeks
- No. No items have been restored at all.

Then we will see if there has been any progress the past 3 weeks on that issue.

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
I am most confused about this post by Requiel :

Another update and really not a great deal to say. As we've already said, there's not really much more we can tell you other than we aren't ignoring the problem, it's not going to go away until we deal with it and we are dealing with it. It is a slow process and it has been slower of late due to some of the people who were helping us being dragged off to the Monde du Jeu show. We have approximately 500 reports still to go which means we're about 80% of the way through the list.

80% of the way through the list on 17th October. Taken a very long time to do the last 20%, if they are even bothering :(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
ive lost all the equipment off my toons as well in hibland - only occured after the latest patch to be applied. I rightnowed it - but no response as of yet.

u can tell im not bullshitting as on my warden he has a midgard belt equiped in his ranged slot - and fook all else :) -

I have to reiterate - this ONLY happened post 1.78 patch - not before hand

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
They reported as being about 80% thru the list about 5 weeks ago, so it prolly is on a backburner now. tbh I'd be happy with just getting the money now.

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Vermillon said:

I totally agree with ya mate they seriously need a kick up the arse , gets me thinking what im actually paying the subs for when i could save it and go hols somewhere hotter than freckin here ! :)

xanir

Fledgling Freddie
yeye I just cross posted this from another thread but I think its still relevant :p

Xanir said:
The whole item restoration thing was (and is) pretty horrible.

Firstly, it should never have happened. But I can accept that disasters do sometimes happen, and it's possibly not GOA's fault. The way it's been handled has been awful though:

First items were lost on 5th September - it's now 23rd November, 88 days later. On 26th September goa post that they have done nearly half of the reports. (I am assuming that very few reports were submitted after 3 weeks had passed, which I think is reasonable.) This rate of progress would suggest that everyone would be finished by 17th October.

On the 17th October, they post that they have in fact only completed 80% of the reports. This new speed of work would suggest a completion date of 28th October. It's now over 3 weeks since that date, and our last update gave no mention of completion dates/amount left.

It's pretty clear that while inconvenienced, the experience of the early reporters wasn't too bad, but the later ones (and especially that last 20%) are being completely fucked over.

Xalin said "We are NOT ignoring this problem. It might get sidetracked for a couple of hours while we're working on other things but we've been working on this matter on a daily basis and will continue to do so untill everybody who reported it has had their items restored or compensated", but this statement is at best misleading and at worst an outright lie - how can you explain the continuing drop in work speed without concluding that the extra resources GOA put onto restoring have since been removed before it was completed, leaving the last people forced to wait a disproportionate (and frankly ridiculous) amount of time.

Apologies for any maths errors

The whole lack of action in last 3 weeks thing is rather strange - would probably be worth making that poll with something like
  • no items lost
  • items restored previous to last 3 weeks
  • items restored in last 3 weeks
  • items still missing

Chronictank

FH is my second home
still no items for my pry chars either
got bored waiting so hardly even log on there anymore

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
I repported the loss of all my items on my bd. Now the account is closed but will GOA still be able to redo all lost items and will I recieve a mail about this when/if so?

Question probably asked elsewhere but I couldnt be arsed looking.. sorry :)

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
My lv50 Vamp still stripped both on the toon and on his vault... left with some al chain... no artis and no weaps...

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Totally sympathize with you guys that still not got chars restored to normal glory.
I lost my villa the other due to irl stuff and not playing...but thats my fault really,but was'nt pleased.
If on the other hand I still had'nt recieved all my stuff from the pry crash I would be really pissed because it was'nt my fault at all.
I had 4 chars stripped but only one important one,they got sorted after 2 weeks I think,but still had steam coming outta my ears after that so 3 months must be really crap if there main chars. :(

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Aye GL too you guys i know several peeps that still dont have their gear back... Another fine service provided don't u think so ;)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Hey guys.

I keep meaning to come back to the game, and since my home server is Prydwen i've been trying to get an idea of when the restoration process might be done. I don't want to reopen my accounts until the queue is shorter, obviously. I don't know if i'm affected, since i stopped playing in may/june, but i don't feel like paying subs just to find out, until i know i would get helped right away. I'm sure there are a few more like me out there. I sincerely hope you folks get sorted out soon. <comforts>

I think the fact that information from GOA is so short in supply is the worst bit. They should give updates about this every week in my opinion, even if just to say "this week we helped another 83 players", etc. As it is now, it feels like they are brushing it all under the carpet.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Havent lost anything here, but if they have fucked up. They should also pay for their mistake and get the problem fixed asap.

Hire new personal if you need to make ppl get their items back faster.
Their misstake and they should clean up the mess they have done asap imo.

Bag

Fledgling Freddie
Levin said:
I think the fact that information from GOA is so short in supply is the worst bit. They should give updates about this every week in my opinion, even if just to say "this week we helped another 83 players", etc. As it is now, it feels like they are brushing it all under the carpet.

GOA have stated clearly that they don't give shit about what their customers want, they only give information on need to know bases. And GOA also think they have monopoly on what "need to know" means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom